Chapter 18

A/n; thank you all for being so active and supportive I love you all guys. :3 even though yall probably hate me a bit for thunderblaze.. And please don't swear anymore?. Let begin the chapter c:
.
Tears were coursing down Losthope's face and her eyes were ablaze, but the fire in them was helpless as her emotion couldn't reach her paws, rooted to the ground.
.
"G-get inside. Get inside the nursery right now." Losthope whispered to her kits, urgently, sobs barely contained. "Listen to me, just..just this once."
.
They obeyed, the only sound was their tiny class scritching the ground. 'Thank you.'
.
Surprised, no one made a sound and in the not-even-broken dawn, it's dark and brackish, marshy sky silence reflected the sound. Or lack of sound? A pine needle could've fallen and been thunderous, before Tanglestar spoke calmly.
"Thunderblaze. Please explain..this. But first, put Irisk-"
.
"NO!" He screamed again through the little kit's neck fur.
.
Losthope flinched, about to crumble to the ground like her life was doing. But her kit was in danger... The she-cat buried her claws weakly into the ground to steady herself as the Clan stared.
.
"Please tell us why?" Anger was creeping steadily into the cool and usually calm leader's meow. "Why. Now."
.
Heavy breathing and angry breathing was roaring from Thunderblaze. Then...silence. "Don't you know what she did?" He whispered, then narrowed his eyes and yowled. "DO YOU?"
.
"Thunderbu-" Losthope started, crying and pleading. She was about to say Thunderbutt, stop this, we can work it out...
.
But this monster in front of her was not her Thunderbutt.
.
"SHE KILLED DUSTPAW." He screamed again and again, the same words, and when he stopped, face snarling and red the mountains screamed it back, crashing across the landscape until they reduced to nothing. Nothingnothingnothing.
.
"Losthope.. Is this true?" Tanglestar carefully mewed, his voice feeling miles away, like in a tunnel, yet resonating, like a tunnel.
.
"I-I-" Losthope choked, nodding, then whispered "yes".
.
Every gaze in ShadowClan, from the deep ambers of Rabbitpaw and the iceshard blue of Heatherfrost was on her. Shocker.
.
Then someone spoke. It was like a black feather fallen in dawn. "We can discuss this later." Heatherfrost said silkily, looking coolly over the scene. "That has nothing to do with Iriskit."
.
"Are you kidding me?!" Thunderblaze shrieked wildly, insanely. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME? She's this..this devil Losthope's spawn!" His words roared and shattered the crying Losthope even more.
.
"She's also your daughter and will always be!" Heatherfrost began yelling too. "Drop her at once! There's no reason."
.
'I-I know why h-he's doing this' Losthope didn't even have to listen.
.
"Don't you get it?" Losthope's lost love's meow was hoarse from the yelling, now he was whispering and it was cracked and hissy.
.
'I get it I get it, Thunderblaze-'
.
And in that moment the sky exploded with light of fire, of vigor and lost love and blood and sacrifice. It was just sunrise. Like breaking, like this? Just life. The flameful rays silhouetted Thunderblaze in angry red dashes and shadow, dripping buttery gold around him, he was blocking the light.
.
The huge gray tabby tom tossed his tiny-framed gray tabby daughter back to the frozen ShadowClan. She skidded and tumbled, scared stiff for a moment when she landed before a blessed golden muzzle scooped her by the scruff and raced spyishly into the nursery.
.
'ThankyouThankyouThankyou.' Losthope's heart bled gratitude and relief. But with Thunderblaze there, it wasn't...wasn't the end.
.
"I never loved you, Losthope." Thunderblaze was delicately padding closer to Losthope.
.
She averted her eyes. "Don't you think I-I know that?" She whispered, then screamed right in his face. "I WAS JUST YOUR PLAYTHING, WASN'T I?!"
.
Thunderblaze's face broke into another maniac grin. "What else, darling?"
.
"Y-you-" Losthope shrank back. She couldn't look into his eyes. "-sicken me."
.
'How could I have ever loved him?' Well, she already knew the answer. She had loved Thunderbutt and with all her heart. This was Thunderblaze. She didn't love him now, seeing his other face, his real face, that two-faced demon. 'I hate you.'
.
Thunderblaze' jaws parted to say something else, but Losthope hissed. "Shut up."
.
"You are a sadist." She growled. "But I am no longer your pawn."
.
For once a jagged heartbeat lies an endless sea of razorblade.