Chapter 20

A/N GUYS LIKE OMG I LEARNED HOW TO MAKE WORDS INTO ITALICS AND BOLDS ON MOBILE IM SO ADVANCED WEEE LOOK AT ME BE COOL YAYAYYA
other than that my writing is atrocious these days just bear with me I have no motivation to finish this argh
---
"MOM!"
.
An angry and unwanted squeak escaped from the struggling Losthope's throat as powerful jaws kept the mother at bay.
.
"Losthope-calm-down-it's-for-" Parrotfur cried through the warrior's scruff- "the-best!"
.
Don't touch me!
.
Losthope pummeled sheathed punches."N-No it's NOT!" She twisted out of the delicately built she-cat, but smashed a backfoot against the piney earth and fell. She convulsed as heavy pants racked her and squeezed her eyes shut to try and think her way out of the bud of pain about to bloom, or ebb away, she didn't know..
.
She'd survived a lost limb, true. But to a stubbed toe, she was helpless as any other cat, under the coniferous claws of the evergreen's paws.
.
Coniferous claws, indeed! Pine needles never felt so prickly, Losthope winced as she writhed on her back, somehow struggling to get up.
.
A large, light ginger and sepia paw was placed on the small, dark ginger and multipatched chest of the she-cat.
.
"Uhhhhn.." whined Losthope deeply, the pain gone but the ShadowClan foot still there, she gazed wincingly to observe the paw's slenderfaced owner.
.
"Remember me?" He whispered, releasing the hold, and Losthope sank her head back to absorb a memory of perhaps tackling him...? Per-hapss..??
.
Thrushkit, then...
.
Thrushthorn.
.
"Aye." Losthope stretched, her scarlet fur curling with the early newleaf's own pelt of green before she got up.
.
"Parrotfur will take care of your kits."
.
Losthope closed her eyes, zoning out slightly. She was the mountains. Mountains don't give a dirt, and she didn't either.
(Bet you thought that was gonna be poetic, eh?)
.
A wheedling mew (Tanglestar) continued. "As you are a loner starting at sunhigh--"
.
A slightly sarcastic sneer. "I'll provide you with a traveling herb pack, for safety." (Mintpaw)
.
"Your kits will flourish best in a Clan environment," chirped Fawnpool, tucked in her slender paws. Her tiny, sleek WindClan-like frame bore little resemblance to Losthope's: tiny, scrawny, and Underfed-Loner-like.
.
I know! Losthope flattened her ears in frustration, her depression used up. Their safety is all that matters...right? If they were better in a Clan environment then that was okay.
.
"Mom!"
.
It's sunhigh already?
.
-----

And
I didn't even get
to say goodbye,

A/n: the real reason Losthope didn't get to say goodbye is because I'm too anxious to write the next book and my style of writing has changed and I feel way out of my comfort zone with this style yknow.
So I have a lil contest! If you, dear reader, can describe best how Losthope looks like then you get to tweak the ending a bit (I'll dm ya) and a shoutout. Well whatever you want. :3 bye! Please enter!