Confessions and Slughorn's Party

If Draco had been bothered by what he or you smelled in the Amortenia, he only made it known to you at that moment after class. As the next day, you were back to breakfast with him and his posse as usual. He was starting to act normal, well, normal for this year, which was still odd. Honestly, thinking about it too much hurt your head. Your only real respite was Hermione. Harry, of course, had apologized and made up with you; not only was it November and quidditch was taking up plenty of his time, but Harry was ripe with theories that Draco was a Death Eater. While you knew the possibility was there, it wasn't something you were willing to think about right now. As for quidditch practice, neither you nor Hermione minded much, you even often attended practices for the opportunity at getting some fresh air. But even with everything going on the year moved forward, and you were being pulled along.

The morning of the Gryffindor/Slytherin quidditch game, you elected to eat breakfast with your friends, which was proving to be a rare occurrence this year. Of course, this choice, as well as the gold and red jumper and makeup you had donned in brazen support of your house, earned you nasty looks from Blaise and Pansy, along with the loud boos and chants from the Slytherin table when you walked, but you elected to ignore them, your excitement for today's match outweighing any jeers your rival house could throw your way.

The Gryffindor table, a solid mass of red and gold, cheered as Harry, Ron, and Ginny approached. Harry and Ginny grinned and waved while Ron grimaced weakly and shook his head. You and Hermione followed shortly behind.

"Cheer up, Ron!" you heard Lavender call. "I know you'll be brilliant!"

Hermione rolled your eyes, and you giggled at Brown's idiotic flirting, but Ron just ignored her, instead, wallowing in self-pity.

"Tea?" Harry asked Ron. "Coffee? Pumpkin juice?"

"Anything," said Ron.

"How are you both feeling?" Hermione asked, trying to break through the awkward air.

"Fine," said Harry, who was nearly ignoring Hermione and concentrating on handing Ron a glass of pumpkin juice. "There you go, Ron. Drink up."

As Ron began to drink, Hermione interrupted, "Don't drink that, Ron!"

"Why not?" asked Ron.

Hermione was now staring at Harry, "You just put something in that drink."

"Excuse me?" said Harry.

"You heard me. I saw you. You just tipped something into Ron's drink. You've got the bottle in your hand right now!"

"I don't know what you're talking about," said Harry, stowing the little bottle hastily in his pocket, it clearly being the bottle of Felix Felicis he had won in potions class earlier in the term.

"Ron, I warn you, don't drink it!"

Ron picked up the glass, drained it in one gulp, and said, "Stop bossing me around, Hermione."

You scoffed at his attitude, and Hermione cut you off before you could say anything.

"You should be expelled for that. I'd never have believed it of you, Harry!" She said, her tone lower so only you five could hear her.

"Look who's talking," he whispered back. "Confunded anyone lately?"

You all watched as she stormed up the table away from them.

"I should probably go after her," you said. "Good luck today guys, and just in case you didn't already know Harry, Malfoy isn't playing today, something about being sick which is bogus," you said, your voice dropping into the same hushed tone as Hermione's had been.