Bellatrix Lestrange and the Thief's Downfall

"Well, how do I look?" Hermione as Bellatrix asked

"Hideous." Ron said.

"Oh dear, I missed a spot, didn't I? Hold still..." Hermione poises her wand tip over the bit of ginger pushing through the brown of Ron's hair.

"Couldn't do anything about that bit in the back that's always flipping up, could you? Dead annoying –" Hermione casts Bellatrix's malevolent gaze upon him.

"Never mind. I'm good." Ron said peering wearily at her "That is you in there, isn't it?"

Y/n chuckled at Ron's behavior. Harry eyes Griphook, who is studying the sword.

"You can give that to Hermione to hold, all right, Griphook?" Harry said. Hermione extends the beaded bag. Griphook eyes Harry and then, grudgingly, lets the sword drop within.

Y/n, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Griphook stand in a tight circle. As Griphook's hand joins the others -- WHOOSH! -- they vanish.

As they reappear, Y/n, Harry, Ron and Griphook fall back into the shadows and Hermione, as Bellatrix, steps to the mouth of the alley to see if the coast is clear. A warlock passes.

"Madam Lestrange." The warlock bowed

"Good morning." Hermione said cheerily. The Warlock eyes her oddly, then continues on. As Hermione retreats back into the alley, Griphook emerges from the shadows, his voice harsh and mocking.

"Good morning? Good morning? You're Bellatrix Lestrange, not some dewy-eyed schoolgirl!" the goblin exclaimed

"Hey. Easy." Ron said.

"She gives us away and we might as well use that sword to slit our own throats. Understand?" Griphook said

"He's right. I was being stupid." Hermione said looking at her feet. Harry pulls the Invisibility Cloak from his coat, tosses it to Ron.

"C'mon. Let's do it." Y/n said

Griphook clamber onto Harry's back.Y/n holding Harry's hand right besid him. As Ron pitches the cloak over them... they vanish.

White. Towering. Hermione and Ron mount the steps, enter.

A vast marble hall. A long counter. Goblins perched on high stools. Wizard guards positioned throughout. As Ron and Hermione enter, wind whistles through the doorway, sends the pages of the goblin's massive ledgers trembling. As the door closes, the room returns to its eerie silence. Hermione glances at Ron. He nods and she steps to the long counter, where an aged goblin scribbles in his ledger.

"Identification." The old goblin said

"I hardly think that will be necessary." Hermione said with attitude. The goblin looked up.

"Madam Lestrange! Dear me! How may I help you today?" the aged goblin said

"I wish to enter my vault." Hermione said

"I see. Very well. Excuse me, won't you?" The goblin slips off his stool, goes to consult with another, even more ancient goblin

"I don't like to be kept waiting." Hermione's tone is harsh, authoritative. She turns to

Ron, raises an eyebrow. He nods, mouths "Well done," then looks away, eyeing the guards stationed about the room. One looks up, meets his gaze.

"Next." Ron turns, sees the Tall Goblin eyeing him.

"He's with me." Hermione said with utter disdain, "As difficult as that may be to imagine. Ron frowns, takes in the scene again. The SCRATCH of goblin quills seems to grow louder. Ron fidgets, eyes the guard again, who is looking at him more closely now. Ron runs a finger under his collar, shifts his eyes to the Aged Goblin who continues to consult with the one known as Bogrod. Bogrod says something and they both glance at Hermione.