Chapter Twenty-Six: Spencer's POV

Sloane and I go through every name on the list. She tells me about each client, how they met, how long their arrangement lasted and finally why she ended it. Almost all of them ended because they wanted her to sleep with them and she refused. She also confirmed that she told Nathan about them all. There's his motive.

I walk out of the room and see JJ on the other side of the glass.

"You really think that she had no idea about what he was doing?" I ask her, as I stand beside her and look in on Sloane running her hands through her hair and wiping tears off her cheeks.

JJ shakes her head, "Spence, she said that for almost all of them she would text or call him later that night about the date, which indicates that she didn't even know he was in town. Plus, her reaction when you told her about Bently Turner seemed authentic and genuine."

I sigh, she's not wrong. Sloane's emotions were exactly what you would expect for someone who just found out that one of their best friends may be a serial killer who kills on their behalf. But was it too textbook of a response?She has a vast knowledge of victimology and profiling. She knows what we're looking for when speaking to a victim and she may be using it to her advantage right now. Even with everyone else believing her, the little voice in the back of my head keeps telling me that we're wrong on this one and Sloane is the true killer.

"How are things going in there," I nod my head towards the room next to this one that's holding Nathan Graham.

JJ shrugs, "more of the same. He's not really talking and gets defensive when Rossi or Tara mention Sloane."

I bite the inside of my cheek, "I think I have an idea."

Before she can ask what it is, I go back into the room with Sloane. She looks up at me, surprised I'm back so soon.

"Did you ever tell Nathan about me?" I ask her.

She gives me a confused look before nodding her head, "I did. Why?"

I don't answer her. Instead, I walk out and go to the room where Nathan is being held. I open the door and motion for Rossi to come outside.

"What's going on, kid?" Rossi asks once the door is closed.

"Sloane told Nathan about me," I tell him, glancing into the room through the glass, "I think I can get him to talk."

Rossi shrugs, "how?"

"Sloane told Nathan about me and since I'm still alive, my guess is that she didn't make me seem like a threat to her safety. But I think that I can get him to talk by playing into his protector persona."

He nods, "that might work. Should we get Tara out of there?"

I shake my head, "no, she's not a threat to him so I think it would be good to have her in there."

"Okay, kid, you're the genius here so I'm going to trust you on this one," Rossi says as he raises his hands in surrender, "good luck."

He pats my back before walking back into the conference room that the New York office has let us set up in. I take a moment to look at the man sitting across from Tara. Nathan is intimidating to look at. He's extremely muscular, over six feet tall and has very sharp facial features. That, paired with his raven black hair and bright blue eyes, it's not hard to think that he would be capable of these things. I take a deep breath and make my way into the room. Both Nathan and Tara look up at me as I walk into the room and take a seat next to her.

"I'm Dr. Spencer Reid," I tell Nathan as I sit down.

"I know," he tells me, his voice is harsh and he glares at me, "Sloane has told me a lot about you."