Adrinette: Christmas tree (1)

Kid in a candy store. That was the only way Marinette could describe her husband at this moment.

They’d gotten married only that year, so it was their first Christmas as a married couple. Which in turn meant it was their first year picking out a Christmas tree together.

And in Adrien’s case, it was his first year actually going to pick out a Christmas tree.

Marinette couldn’t help but find it the cutest thing ever. Her phone may or may not have been out to record this joyous moment in her husband’s life.

“So,” Adrien finally said after calming down a little bit. And by ‘calmed down’, it was more accurate to say ‘no longer scampering from tree to tree’. “How do we go about picking a tree, mlady?”

“There’s no real science to it or anything,” she giggled with a shrug. “Did you happen to see one you liked more than the others?”

He thought for a moment before shaking his head. “Not particularly.”

“Then let’s look around again, shall we?”

With a grin, Adrien took the hand she’d extended, quickly tugging it up to his lips for a kiss—a habit of his that had only gotten worse since they’ve been married—before letting their conjoined hands fall between the two of them.

As they walked the lines of pines and rows of firs, they pointed to several of them, making comments all along the way until they paused together before a particular tree.

“This one is nice.”

“Yeah, I like the shape of this one, too.”

They stared at the tree before them, lingering longer than they had for any of the previous ones before Marinette turned her attention back to her husband. “Do you like this one?”

Adrien looked it up and down once more before a smile crossed his face. “Yeah. I do. Do you?”

She turned back to the tree before her. “I do. But, if this is the tree we get, there is… one thing…”

Adrien quirked a brow, smile fading a moment. “What is it?”

She looked up up up at the tippity top of the tree that she felt towered over her. “We’re gonna have to recruit some kwami’s to assist in decorating, because even if you lift me up, there is no way I’m reaching the top of that.”