Ladynoir: Hot Cocoa(3)

“Milady.”

Ladybug turned around to see her favorite kitty walking up to her. She glanced down at his hands, which held a small bag. “What do you have there, Chaton?”

He turned bashful, his ears sinking for a second. She almost reached out to pet them, hoping they’d perk back up at her touch, but she clasped her hands behind her back in order to not embarrass herself.

“It’s cold,” he started. “Christmas is right around the corner, and it looks like it’s about to snow for the first time this season.”

She glanced up, looking at the ever-darkening clouds above her. “Yes, it does.”

“So,” he continued before pulling a red thermos out of the bag and extending it towards her. “Stay and share the first hot chocolate of the season with me?”

She watched his ears fall once again, a bashful blush coloring his cheeks while his green eyes glimmered with a faint hope. One she couldn’t stand to crush.

With a smile, she took the offered thermos. “I would love to, Chaton.”

Instantly, his eyes brightened, and while the thermos may have warmed her hands, it was his expression that warmed her heart.

She took a seat, legs dangling over the side of the Eiffel Tower beam they called their meeting place. Though she hardly needed to extend the invitation, she patted the seat next to her. A seat that was promptly taken by her partner.

Carefully, Ladybug untwisted the top from the thermos in her hands, steam rising up off the thick, brown liquid inside. “Wow. It’s still really warm.”

“I made it just before I came.”

Ladybug paused. “You made it?”

Chat’s ears wiggled as he beamed in pride. “That I did, my lady. I hope it tastes good.”

“I’m sure it will,” she said leaning over to take a whiff of the drink. “I smell peppermint?”

“You do. Peppermint Hot Cocoa is the best.”

“You’re not wrong,” she agreed, lifting the thermos to her lips.

“Wait!”

She froze, only for a small baggie to appear in her vision.

“You brought marshmallows, too?”

“Of course. I thought of everything. Unless you’re a fan of whipped cream instead. I couldn’t bring that.”

She giggled, taking the bag that hung from his claws before her. “These will be just fine.”

Taking out a handful of the marshmallows, she carefully dropped them into her hot cocoa before extending the favor to Chat. He smiled his thanks.

“You’ll have to tell me how you like it,” he said, taking a sip from his own thermos. “It’s my first time making it, but… I really wanted to share it with you, so…”

“You made it special for me?”

He nodded, blush returning to his cheeks as he took another sip. She noticed he stared out at the Paris skyline, only sparing a quick glance at her out of the corner of his eye.

Her heart skipped a beat before flooding with warmth. Carefully, she set the thermos of hot chocolate down beside her before leaning towards her black-clad partner. “Hey, Chat?”

“Yeah, bug—HMFF!”

Her lips covered his, lingering a single second before pulling away. An impulsive move that she probably wouldn’t have pulled on anyone other than him.

Giggling, Ladybug took the thermos that was a step away from sliding out of his hands before it could fall and hit someone far, far below them. After all, she didn’t want anything to prematurely wipe Chat’s shocked expression away.

“You did a good job, Chaton. I think it tastes quite nice.”