Chapter Two: Prophecy

Markus stirred a bit in his slumber. He then woke with a start, sitting up suddenly and looking around with confusion in his eyes.

        "W-where am I?!" He choked out as he looked around. His uncle and aunt ran into his room, looking panicked. "How long was I out for?"

        "You've been out for 2 days, sweetie" Aunt Lexa spoke softly, giving Markus a shy smile. She then offered him some food to help him regain his strength. "We aren't quite sure what happened, but we heard you collapse at the front door and brought you to your room."

       "Out for 2 days?! I-I don't remember collapsing at all. All I remember is that it was blood moon and......" Markus trailed off as he remembered the words that he heard before passing out, turning to his aunt and uncle, he asked. "Has there been any recent prophecies? Is there any to do with an egg?"

     He aunt and uncle looked at him like her grew an extra head. They had no clue what he was talking about. He looked down at his hands in embarrassment.

       'There was no prophecy. I feel like I'm becoming insane, slowly,' He thought with a sigh. What was he supposed to do now? His aunt and uncle probably thought that he was losing his marbles. Aunt Lexa placed a hand on his shoulder as a sign of reassurance, but that didn't help him much. Soon after, they both left, leaving Markus to his thoughts.

       'I am losing my marbles! That's it. First, the unwelcomed gift that I was born with, and now this! How am I supposed to explain this to them? They won't believe me. They will probably laugh at me!!' He pulled his knees up to his chest as he sat in silence. His mind raced as he tried to figure out why this had happened to him and not someone else. Then he spoke out loud.

       'I will find this egg. I must if I was sent the prophecy! I'm sorry, Aunt Lexa and Uncle Maxson, but I have to. I leave at midnight.' He looked to the window, watching the sunset, and the seconds went by until he left.

[372 words - Proofread]

A/n
Hello fellow friends! It's a shorter chapter this time, I know I'm sorry. It's almost 11 pm on a Sunday. I do hope that I can make a longer chapter for y'all later!!
- Snow