Chapter 2

"Is it too soon?" I ask Pierson, my managers daughter as I stare at the giant ring on my finger.

Richard and I had gotten close and I fell in love with him quite fast. Some people would say too fast but I don't give a dua lipa.
To be honest, I found him quite annoying when I met him.

Now five months later, we're engaged.

The second month was when he moved me out of my ratshome apartment and bought me a house. As for my job I haven't quit, I still had to have some sense of independence don't you think?

The third month he bought me a car.
Which I refused. That is, ofcourse, until my aching feet begged me to stop chasing the bus and just accept the damn car. He even taught me to drive it.

I don't remember what he called it but it had a horse symbol on the front.
Whatever, as long as it brought me from place to place.

The forth month was when he proposed. I turned him down quite a few times before saying yes.
I went to my mother and grandmothers  graves to tell them the good news.

"Well if you love him and he loves you why wait?" She answers.

"Right"

"So when's the wedding"

"Maybe in a couple of weeks, he says he wants it to happen as soon as possible"

"Oh" Pierson says and I can tell she's holding her thoughts back.

Before I could ask anymore questions the timer on my phone rang indicating that my break was up and she told me to haul my ass back inside.

●●●

Today wasn't such a bad day,pretty sure the lack of children had to do with it.

Or maybe it's because it was my payday.
I collected my check and headed to my car.

My car. Still feels weird on my tongue . I've never owned one before.

I decided to make a trip to the mall. I can practically hear the check talking to me.

"You need something nice"

Yes, yes I do.

I walked from aisle to asile, running my hand on the hangers and parting them to inspect the clothes.

Too long. I'm not going to sunday service.

Too short. I'm not a private dancer.

By the way, why am I buying clothes? I only leave my apartment to go to work.

Oh well.

I ended up buying three dresses and a pair of work shoes. The only thing I'll be wearing is the shoes. The dresses will be put in my closet alongside the other clothes I have no intention of wearing.

●●●

"Where have you been?!"

As I step through my door, a very angry looking Richard greets me. How did he even-
Oh, I gave him my spare key.
His request. Although he's never showed up to my apartment like this. He's never talked to me like this either.

"Your shift ended an hour ago"

"Well, not that you need to know, but I went to the store"

"Not that I need to know? I'm your damn fiancé"

"Shouldn't you be at work?" I try to shift the conversation.

"I came to discuss the wedding details"

Success.

"Oh, well I was thinking a small church"

"Actually, I was thinking we could just do it in court"

"Court?"

"Yes"

"But, don't you want your family there" I ask.

I mean, I didn't have much family, maybe a handful. But he has alot, based on what he told me.
I haven't met any of them. They live busy lives in England.
That's what he told me.

"No, they won't be able to make it. So it'll just be you and me. In a courthouse. In no time you'll be my wife"

"But-"

I didn't get to finish my sentence, cause he grabbed me by the collar of my work shirt.

"We.will.get.married.in.a.courthouse."

"Richard, Stop!"

My words seem to bring him back to reality as he quickly lets go of my shirt. This is the first time he's behaved like this.

"Baby, look I'm sorry I'm just stressed. I- I didn't mean to"

I nod. Partly in fear, partly in shock.

He said he didn't mean it.
So he didn't mean it.

Cause he loves me.

Right?

___________________________________________

Hi

Thank you to all who voted on the last chapter.
It means sooo much to me. I love yah! Muah!

Can everyone vote on this chapter?
Please?

State one word to describe any character in this book.

For some reason when I think of Richard I think of the word fuckface.

P.s -if the story doesn't make sense now, just hold on a little longer it's gonna take a while for the plot to unravel.

Till next time,

-Kadi.