Chapter 8

(Sorry for any mistakes I'll edit soon) (Vincent above)

Vincents POV.

"Drop it" I say and his head swivels around to look at me. First at the gun in my hands then at my face.

My eyes flicker to Martina for a second. I was working out when I heard I screams, I grabbed my gun and ran straight over.

In one swift motion, he grabs her by the arm and holds the gun to her head.
Typical coward move.

"Go away or she fucking dies!" He screams hysterically.

I don't move.

He doesn't know who I am.
My eyes flicker to Martinas the back to his. She looks scared out of her mind.

I have to break character.
So I speak in my normal, British accent.

"Put the gun down, Edward" I say.
His eyes widen, like a deer in headlights. I've used his real name.

"Spy!" He spat the word like it was poisonous.

He was only half right, but I said nothing.
He spoke again.

"I'm gonna count to three, if I get to three and that gun is still in your hand, she'll get a bullet to the head"

I watched Martina close her eyes. Like she was preparing. She knew I wasn't going to put the gun down.

"One.."

My hand is on the trigger.

"Two..."

Oh, fuck my life.

"Thr-"

I dropped the gun to the floor.

Martinas eyes opened and she looked at me wide eyed.
Edward smiles. "Now kick it over to me"

I do as he says. He picks it up with his free hand and pushes Martina to me with force.

"Now..." if any of you follow me.. you know what will happen.

Then he's gone out the door.

I want to follow him. But Martinas hands gripping my shirt tightly prevents me from doing so.

"What....happened...?"

She's in hysterics.

"You married a psychopath"

Martinas POV.

My eyes widen at the way Vincent speaks to me. Why is he talking in a British accent.

"I'll explain later" he says when I ask him.
I let him carry me out the house without saying a word.
Spy..
That's what Richard-or Edward called him.
Vincent? A spy?

Damn it, I'm so confused...
●●●

He takes me back to the guest house. Richard had ran off, but he won't be gone for long. Why did I get myself involved with this man?

"Won't he come back...and find us here?" I asked but Vincent just shook his head and pulled me along.

"How are you?" He asks me in that British accent. It's like there's a different man in front of me.

"Why are you speaking like that?! Why did Richard-or Edward or whatever his name is call you that?" I asked once we were in the living room, seated on the couch.

Not the best way to be acting towards the man who had just saved my life..but I needed answers!

He runs a hand through his face, clearly frustrated.

"Fuck" he breathes before looking my way.
He looks as if he's having an internal battle with himself.
Then he speaks.

"If I tell you anything, and it leaves this place we're both dead. You understand?"

My eyes widen, and suddenly I was less anxious to hear.

"Do. you. understand?" He asks slowly.
That accent, I'm not use to it.

I nod my head.

"Words"

"Yes."

He stands and begins walking.
"Come" he says indicating that I should follow him to his bedroom.

I sit on the bed, he looks troubled but says nothing.

"Now..." he begins. "When you and Edward- well Richard as you call him- met, what did he tell you that his job was?"

"He said he owned a production company.." I say, not quite remembering.

He laughs without humor and doesn't say anything.

"He doesn't does he?"

"You think?" He says.

"Then what does he do? And what do you do?"

"I work for the government and that's all you need to know" he says with finality.

"You're...You're British" I say but it comes out as more of a question.

"Yes and now back to the matter at hand." He steps dangerously close to me.

" Your husband is one of the most feared persons in this country"

"Wha-"

"And he killed my wife!"

_________________________________

The vote button........it calls to you....