Chaper 7

"Really?"

Vincent stares at me like I've grown another head.
"Divorce? That's your big plan?"

"Yes? I'll just suprise him with the papers."

"You were talking like you had a massive thing planned out!"

"I-" I begin, but he interups me.

"you think he'll let you go easy?"

"Well he has to" I say and Vincent turns his back to me, clearly annoyed.

"So clueless" he whispers to himself.

"Clueless about what?" I say and he turns around, suprised that I even heard him.

"Tell me!" I prod.

"I-" he starts then his face turns to stone "You don't know a thing about  marrige do you? Maybe get to know the person first?"

Wait a minute? Did Vincent just say more than 4 words to me just now?

"Well do you know something that I don't?" I say.

He says nothing to me, but keeps muttering words under his breath.

"I saw it you know," I don't know what came over or pushed me to bring that up, I told myself I wouldn't.

He stiffens and turns to face me "saw what?!"

"You know what I'm talking about, the-" I lower my voice,walls have ears.

"That gun"

To my suprise, he doesn't looked shocked or anything,his face is totally calm.

"why did you look through my stuff?" His russian accent is heavier when he's angry.

"I-"

"And not that I need to explain myself, but I keep it for my  protection, and i have a liscense. Is that so weird?"

Well, I guess not. Maybe he has a stalker? A crazy ex maybe? I wasn't about to ask him about that though.

When I don't say anything, he starts walking away.
"Where are you going?" I ask.

"done for the day"

"I-so you're going now?"
I try not to sound too sad. Why am I sad though? We don't even get along. I guess it's because after he leaves I'll be alone in this big ass house.

He nods and leaves through the front door, not even saying goodbye. Wasn't he just talking full sentences a while ago?

1 step forward,
3 steps back.

I look up when I hear the door open and Vincents head pokes through.

"Bye" he says the word so quickly I almost couldn't make out what he said. He doesn't wait for a reply either, he shuts the door again.

I find myself smiling for some reason I don't know.

Ok, so maybe not 3 steps.

The maid, I don't quite remember her name, stopped showing up a few days after I got here. So I'm alone, alone in this house. I don't really call it a home anymore.
●●●

Richard came home late that night, I decided I'm just going to tell him that I want a dicorce, instead of suprising him with divorce papers like I planned to.

My mother would want me to be happy, I'm not.
I don't know why I married in the first place, and so young too.

I know what you're thinking,
Because you're an idiot!

No, I'm not. I guess you could call it a delusion, a delusion of happiess.

"Hey honey" he brings me out of my thoughts.

"Hi...." he notices my dread tone and frowns.

"What's wrong?"

"I-i have something to tell you"

"I'm listening.." he says.

"Um, I think we should go to the bedroom"

He frowns but nods.
●●●

"Divorce?!, are you crazy Martina? I told you I never cheated"

"Look Richard, it's not even about that I-"

He gets up off the bed and starts pacing.

"Please reconsider. Martina- I love you.."

"Richard....no, just no I don't-" he cuts me off by walking back over and sitting beside me on the bed.

"Martina-"

"No Richard"

He stares at me, then he gets up and goes to the closet.
He's probably going for my clothes to throw out, whatever at least I'm free.

But when he comes out of the closet, it's not my clothes in his hands.
No, it's a gun.

And it's pointed right at me.

"I don't think you understand...." his voice is cold as ice.

"No, Richard don't please" I scream.

"SHUT UP!"he comes closer and the gun is right in my face.

"I don't think you understand... you're mine Martina,MINE!"

"Richard, ok listen I-"

"Mine, Mine" he kept chanting. This man is crazy!

I closed my eyes.I'm gonna die, I'm going to die tonight. He's gonna kill me, I'm sure of it.

I was sure of it, until I heard a voice behind him.

"Drop it"

____________________________

Walls have ears: this means even when you think no one is listening, you can't be too sure.

Hi guys, you like? Or nah?
Thanks for voting!