ch 6: nate

"I'm not coming over."

"What? Why not?"

"Because if I come over right now, I'm going to drown Tristan in your pool. I can't believe he told my dad."

"Flower, I--"

"Why couldn't he just mind his own business?! I mean... all he does is call me a little kid, and then, the second I try to grow up, he runs and tells my dad about Casey!"

"Flower, I'm sure he--"

"It doesn't matter, Nate! I hate him, okay? And I'm never coming over again."

"Wait, Sunn--"

The line went dead a second later and as I stared at my phone, I sighed to myself in frustration.

This wasn't the first time Tristan had done something to make Sunny want to stop coming over, but she had never sounded so serious and determined before and it scared me.

I couldn't lose her... that wasn't even an option for me, so I knew I had to get Tristan to make this right.

I stormed to his room and barged in, not bothering to knock. The enraged look on my face seemed to match Tristan's once he turned away from his video game and saw me standing in his room.

"Dude, this is my room... get out."

When I didn't budge and began shaking my head defiantly, it must've pissed off Tristan, because he tossed his controller and lunged out of his chair, coming face to face with me where we were standing practically nose-to-nose.

"Look, you might not care about what happens, but Flower's my best friend. Every time you do something mean or drive her away... that's time that I don't get with her."

Nate's scowl instantly shifted and the wild grin on his face was a little off-putting as he spoke.

"Awwwwww, boo-hoo! Is poor whittle Nathaniel not getting his way for once?"

"Shut up."

"No, really... is this what happens when you finally don't get what you want? Can't handle it."

I hadn't realized that both my hands had slowly rolled into fists, Nate's words continuing to taunt me.

"Seriously, shut up."

"Or, what, Nathaniel? Gonna run and tell Mommy and Daddy? Oh no, I know! You're just gonna run and tell Bunni. When are you gonna stop letting your girlfriend fight your battles?"

I didn't have any more words for Tristan, so I let my fists speak for me.

The initial punch must've surprised him, because it took Tristan a moment to realize what happened, and once he did, he turned to look at me with rage painted all over his face.

I'm not sure how long we tussled around in his room... it honestly felt like hours.

We were finally broken apart by our dad, who was screaming about how brothers should be able to work out their issues without violence.

And even though I had a busted lip, I didn't care; this had been building up for years and Tristan had it coming.

🖤

𝕊𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠... 𝕎𝕙𝕠 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕣?

🙋🏾‍♀️