ch 27: sunny

"So, I'll see you in 2nd period, yeah?"

Nate nodded with a small smile as he made his way to his locker, leaving me and Gia watching him from across the hallway.

The usual early morning bustle in the hallway allowed for us to talk with Nate being able to hear.

I watched his broad shoulders as he unloaded his backpack and sighed heavily.

Gia looked over then back at me with a knowing smirk on her face.

"You two are so obvious. Just go for it already."

I was thrown out of my daze, focusing on Gia, who was still smirking at me.

"Gia..."

"Sunny..."

She mocked, which made me laugh a little and I giggled as we moved further down to my locker.

"Think about all the girls who have thrown themselves at him. He's not going for any one of them. He wants his Flower."

I playfully glared at her before looking back down the hall, where Nate had been surrounded by a few members of the football team and a few girls, none of which he was paying any attention to.

It had been a little more than a week since the kiss on the pier and by the next morning, things had seemed to go back to normal with me and Nate.

Only now, whenever he touches me, or plays with my hair, or even calls me Flower, I choke up, freak out, and nearly piss myself.

The other night, he wiped something off my bum for me and I straight up giggled.

I was mortified.

I was sitting on the quad with Gia at lunch, picking at what our school was trying to serve as 'chili fries'.

"Okay... pretty sure, the recipe my dad uses for chili doesn't include plastic. Ew."

After forking out a plastic straw wrapper, I pushed the tray away from me, shaking my head. Not three seconds later, a familiar scent captured my attention.

A white package was placed in front of me, but I turned, following the smell.

I looked up to see Nate, almost halfway through a meatball sub sandwich, and when I looked back at the package on the table and saw the S❤️ on it, I leaped up, wrapping my arms around Nate's neck.

"I fucking love you!"

"Anything for you."

After a smirk and a wink he casually strolled back over to the 'Jock' table, sitting with Spencer, facing me. I unwrapped the sandwich and almost melted at the sight of one of my favorite sandwiches ever.

"So, you'll be at the game after practice?"

"Yeah, um... Not sure how long we're going for tonight, but I'll be there."

"Promise? There's something I really wanna talk to you about."

Nate smirked and nodded his head. A moment later he was shoved from behind by a player who was teasing him about being late for practice. He caught his balance, just before our faces collided and I could smell the minty gum he was chewing.

"I, uh... I promise, Flower."

He backed away, skipping a bit, before he turned, heading for the practice field, and I bit my lip nervously for a moment before nodding in determination.

We'd talk tonight.

🖤