7

"Are you sure you don't want to come, Damian?" Marinette questioned.

"No. This time is for you and Adrien." Damian explained, "It's his child and you both should be the first to know."

"If you're sure." Mari mumbled.

"I am." he spoke, kissing her head, "He's never been to these so it'll be special. He'll see and hear them for the first time. I had those moments with our girls; let him have his."

Marinette hugged her husband. She hadn't thought of it that way, but he was right. This appointment would be special for Adrien and something he would remember about his child.

"Are you sure?" Adrien questioned, once Damian voiced he was staying home.

"Trust me." Damian spoke, "It'll be an experience for both of you."

Adrien didn't understand what he meant, but he nodded anyways.

Adrien looked around the clinic as they took their seats. There were seats everywhere and a tv that seemed stuck on Food Network with healthy options playing. Next to him on the table were magazines titled 'Fit Pregnancy' and 'American Baby'.

"Adrien." Marinette spoke, grabbing his arm.

"I don't think this is how I envisioned it." He spoke.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"I don't know. Storks and stuff on the walls? Soothing colors? This feels like any other doctor's office." Adrien explained, "Have you been here before?"

"I came here, both times, for the girls." Marinette spoke, "This is a really good clinic and they know what they are doing. I agree that they could spruce up the place. They could paint the walls, but this is a place for adults, not kids."

"Marinette!" a voice called.

Mrs. Wayne stood up and turned to him.

"Come on." she spoke.

"I-I go with you?" Adrien questioned.

Marinette smiled and nodded, leading the way.

"Hello, Mr. Agreste." the nurse spoke.

"H-Hi." he answered.

"Are you excited about today?" she asked.

"I brought tissues for him." Marinette teased.

"Hey!" Adrien teased back, making them laugh.

"Okay, Marinette, you know the drill. Up on the bed and lift your shirt up a bit." the nurse continued.

Adrien quickly turned away.

"Adrien, it's fine. I'm just exposing my stomach." Marinette declared.

"Oh." he whispered, blushing at his nervousness.

Adrien turned around and got a look at her bulging belly.

"You okay?" Mari questioned, following his gaze to her stomach, "Do you want to touch?"

"Can I?" he asked.

Adrien hadn't wanted to push any boundaries when it came to the pregnancy. He had been too scared to ask, especially around Damian. Marinette smiled and guided his hand to the top of her exposed stomach.

"It feels a bit hard." he spoke, out loud.

Suddenly, he heard a light thumping.

"What's that?" he asked looking around.