19

It was hard to believe one year had passed so quickly. Wayne Manor was filled with close friends and family, all to celebrate one person: Emma Lily Agreste. It was her first birthday and so much had changed since she was born.

Much to Gabriel's distaste, Adrien had found he preferred Gotham. Adrien and Emma had officially moved into Wayne Manor. Gabriel had hoped that Adrien would come back and at least work in the business section. He wouldn't have forced him to come to meetings or model. Unfortunately, he had found a job at Wayne Enterprise and was Tim's direct line to the science department. Perhaps, he was only sour that he had to leave Paris to see his granddaughter, but he had never seen his son happier.

Quickly, Gabriel found he had gained a new respect for Mrs. Wayne. Mairnette Wayne was a rival and comrade in fashion, whom he could bounce ideas off of. While his son was working, she was happy to allow him time with Emma and converse about the latest trends. They had their differences, but they could also call each other and complain about the competition. Eventually, not to anyone's surprise, they began to bounce around the idea of a collaboration.

"Happy Birthday, Princess!" Adrien cried, happily, as he took another picture.

"Papa!" Emma giggled.

"Okay, so we have the cake and presents ready!" the excited father spoke, "Nino, Kagami, Luka, and Alix are putting their stuff in their rooms."

"Yeah, after you shooed them away." Marinette smiled, "They barely said 'hi' to anyone."

"Shoot." he winced, "I'll apologize when they get back down."

"Amaya, Jun." Damian spoke, "Why don't you take Emma outside as we prepare the decorations. I believe her grandfather is here, as well."

"Yes, Baba." Amaya answered, picking up the birthday girl.

"I'll grab Titus!" Jun shouted, running out of the room.

Amaya and Jun quickly adapted to Emma as being their cousin. They loved spending time with her and Uncle Adrien. They had made some not to subtle remarks about wanting a younger sibling to the whole family, leaving Damian and Marinette bright red.

Marinette placed her hands on Adrien's shoulders, "Breathe. I know it's her first birthday and you want it to be special."

Adrien nodded in response.

"Spend time with her, take pictures, talk with your father, and let everyone spend time with her, too." Mari smiled, "That's what will make her birthday special. Not the flavor of the cake, not the decorations, and not the dinner. It will be when you see her eat cake and open presents."

Adrien smiled and pulled his best friend into a hug, "You always know what to say."

Nino, Kagami, Luka, and Alix came back downstairs.

"I'm sorry for forcing you to put your stuff away so fast!" Adrien apologized.

They all laughed. They could tell he was excited.

"Where is Little Emma?" Kagami questioned.

"She is outside." Damian interrupted, "The girls took her to play so we could finish setting up."

"Right; food will be inside." Marinette smiled, "Party, outside!"

"Where can we put her presents?" questioned Luka.

"Oh! In the dining room." Adrien cried out, "Cake, then presents!"

Alix laughed, "She'll probably pass out from the sugar rush and playing with her new toys."