Prologue

"Honey I love you, that's all she wrote"
—ophelia by the Lumineers
___________________________________

september 1st, 1995
year 5

THE GREAT HALL was filled with kids of all ages. Loud gossip and prattles were shared across the room, as the headmaster, Ablus Dumbledore, shared his 'Welcome speech'. The students, (who were either rattling on to the people around or paying attention) were sat at four different tables spaced in a strict formation throughout the hall. Each table belongs to a different house, with four different colors. (red, blue, green, and yellow).

Sitting at the table with yellow crests embroidered onto their dark robes, a girl was leaning her palm on her chin, listening mindlessly to the old gray man speak. Her curly hair rested neatly to the middle of her back as her stunning eyes danced throughout the room, glancing and staring at all the kids, they looked so different from the year before. The girl (who went by the name Ophelia Woodlock) couldn't help but gaped and envied them, seeing the fact that she didn't feel her beauty had gotten any more noticeable then it had back in fourth year.

Insecurities ran through Ophelia's veins, her flaws that weren't shown to others as she believes, seemed to scream in every way possible. Now, there was no doubt, she was a pretty girl, anyone could see this, it was just the matter that she didn't think so. With wired glasses and a stance of five foot six, her flaws were nothing compared to her attraction.

She breathed out a heavy sigh before turning her attention back to the Headmaster as he introduced a new Professor. Opehlia felt her nose scrunch and her cherry lips twist into a repulsive snarl as she looked at her, she was drenched in horrific pink. The teacher, who's name happened to be Dolores Umbridge, interrupted Dumbloedore.

A calm laugh rolled out of Woodlock's mouth as she watched the scene unfold. She lightly elbowed her friend and muttered in a humorous tone, "More like Umbitch." which caused her friend, Lillain, to chuckle. Which grabbed the attention of a few others.

A boy, Draco Malfoy, who had gleaming, platinum blond hair turned his head to the side. He sat at the Slytherin table, a step away from the Hufflepuff table. He felt a scoff trickle up his throat as he overheard the girl's conversation. Though somewhere deep down he felt a slight twitch of envy. Not that he wanted to be friend Ophelia, but she was quite popular and too sweet for her own good. He swore her kindness would kill her one day.

"And how lovely to see all your bright, happy faces smiling up at me." Umbrigde spoke with a tone of fakeness. Ophelia already had a nervous feeling about her.

Though as normal, Woodlock easily spaced out, fidgeting with the hem of her robe sleeve. Her delicate fingers tugged at the string that was dangling loosely from its stitch. Her teeth scraped into her bottom lip as she fiddled with the strand. Though the thought of the school year ahead of her inked into her mind causing her to furrow her eyebrows at the concept. School had never played a key part of Ophelia life. She quite honestly despised school in every way possible, (well more so the learning part) and she had no reason to believe she had an inch of smartness on her. She always seemed to be reminded by her older Ravenclaw sister that she was dense.

Ophelia quickly became aware of the fact that the students were dismissed and stood up, along with her other two friends "She's from the ministry," Lillian stated as they began to stroll out of the Great Hall "My mum worked with her."

"Well I already don't like her." Macy Grey, a close friend, uttered "Ophelia, your father works at the Ministry, would he know her?"

Woodlock wanted to laugh at the statement "Why would I know?" she gave a fake snicker and smiled, "I'm kidding." she wasn't kidding, she wouldn't know. Her relationship with her father was rather heartbreaking. "He probably does." Call it a cliche, but Ophelia's family life was discouraging to hear about. With a father who doesn't care, a sister who despises her, and a mom who is six feet under, Woodlock has it harder than most people think she does. Ophelia tends to hide her somber feelings with fake laughs and smiles.

She doesn't want people to worry, or feel like they have to pity her for her problems. So shoving her real thoughts and emotions down seems to be the only reason she's still alive.

heyyy okay so please do not comment spoilers, i will delete comments if i have to! anyways i hope you guys enjoyed<3