Chapter three: fed up

"Oh, I'm just a kid"
Kids by Current Joys
————————————————————————

THE past few weeks were dreadfully uneventful for Ophelia. It was full of boring classes and long nights of homework. Though she did enjoy two classes in particular: Charms and Astronomy. Maybe that's because she had friends in the class, or maybe it was because of a certain Slytherin she didn't mind seeing each day. It wasn't that she liked him or anything, no, actually she found him absolutely repulsive. Or maybe that's what she was trying to convince herself.

If Ophelia had to rank all of her classes, Defence Against the Dark Arts would win for the worst of them all. Woodlock was so fed up with Umbridge that she had almost got a detention for speaking out. She was thankful she didn't get one.

Ophelia sat in the library once again, reading a book that a friend from Ravenclaw told her to read. The world around her was washed away, she was completely drowned into the story. Reading was such a special thing to her. She loved how it took her away from her reality, how it made everything stop for a little.

Though of course, like all nice things, her little world she had created was killed as a certain Gryffindor sat down in the chair across from her. Coughing to get Ophelia's attention.

"Oh," Ophelia looked up at the person, "Hi Hermione." Hermione and Ophelia weren't exactly best friends but they got along fine.

"I have a question for you." She said while straightening out her back.

"Okay," Ophelia closed her book and folded her hands on top of her lap. "What is it?"

"I think we both can agree that Professor Umbridge's teaching is horrible," Ophelia nodded her head in agreement, "And I've doing some thinking and Ron and I are assembling a group of students to learn the subject the right way, Harry would be our teacher, although he doesn't really know about it yet," she rambled on, "Would you like to be a part of it?"

Ophelia stayed silent for a moment thinking about the offer. It wasn't completely mental, she did want to actually learn something about defending herself. Especially since there were rumors of You-Know-Who's return. "Yeah I'll join," she placed her elbows on the table and leaned forward. "Could Macy and Lillian join as well?"

"Of course," Hermione stood up, "Don't tell anyone else about this, we are keeping it a secret for now." As she was about to walk away she raised her eyebrows as if she remembered something. "Tomorrow we are meeting at Hogs Head." She told Ophelia before walking off.

Ophelia huffed out a deep breath before standing up. She grabbed ahold of her book and grasped it close to her chest. Her converses hit the vintage school tile and her eyes wandered around the long corridor. She honestly hated crowded hallways - everyone's conversion bouncing off the walls, people pushing one another, professors
yelling at students to get to class - it made Ophelia's anxiety way worse than it already was.

"Woodlock!"

She paused, knowing the voice too well at this point. The Slytherin slowly made his way to her side.

"Yes?" her tone was rather aggressive, her hands were clutching onto her book to the point of making her knuckles turn white. She didn't know what caused this anger to float.

"Bloody Hell, no need to get angry with me," He put his hands up in defense. "I was just wondering if you would like to accompany me to Hogsmeade tomorrow so we can discuss our project." he asked casually, shoving his hands into his pockets.

Draco Malfoy had an intense amount of confidence. To others, he seemed to drown in it. Soaking up every bit of fire that comes with his name. Every year he seems to grow more proud of who he was, to others at least. His God complex was turning his blood toxic. He could feel this, could feel it burning through his skin. He needed a wake up call to reality, needed someone to put him in his place.