chapter seven

Jacobs pov:

    "FUCK YOU, YOU ASSHOLES!" My throat felt as if it was burning. I didn't stop my screaming though. Why should I? Did they not deserve my anger that was boiling in my veins? The veins that ran from my arm down into my hands.....the hands that were connected to my two wrists.....the wrists that are currently turning red. Not by my anger, no. But by the hand cuffs that felt like they were digging into my skin. Perhaps I deserved this. Maybe my only real "home" is in a jail cell.

I stopped my screaming when I heard a muffled cry. Well,...that's what i'm guessing it was. I turned my head while the police men were trying to shove me in the car and I saw Alex....he was crying. Trying to cover it with his hands, yes, but I could still hear it... I felt guilty and I stopped my lunges towards the boys that had started all this as i looked at Alex. Unfortunately that didn't last long because the cops took it as an opportunity to shove me in the car and slam the door close on my face.

"Kids these days!" I heard one out of the two say with an annoyed huff accompanied with a shake of his head. I turned my head to the passenger side to see what he would say about the statement....he just nodded. I rolled my eyes and let them fall to my lap.

Well, it's nothing I can't handle, prison that is. In my life time I've been in prison I believe.....18? No, that's not right, ahhh, I missed that one time I lit my house on fire...oh! There was that time I stole that wallet....I wonder what happened to that. Well, let's just say I've been to prison more than 20 times, different ones too.

The car came to a stop....here we go again.

"Alright, we're going to need you to cooperate. As long as you do that there will be no need for us to use force." Ah! So Mr. passenger does talk! How wonderful. Though, out of everything he says he has to say what I've heard the most. I didn't fight, nor did I argue. Why would I? There was no use. Besides what was I supposed to tell them, 'yeah, I beat up two 15 year olds because they wouldn't shut up.' Pfffttt yeah, no, I'd rather stay silent.

time skip of a couple minutes (this is when the are done walking him to his cell)

I rubbed my aching wrists, the cuffs were off. My hands had dry blood on them from where I had broken the nose of one of the kids and from where I broke some teeth off the other. They deserved it,....right?

Yes, they did. I gave them a warning to shut up, they were the ones who chose not to listen. I hate it! I hate how people talk to us. Like were different cause were gay. I didn't even mind it at first,....until they brought Alex and the others into their childish nonsense. That's what started this all. That's why I'm here, in a cell, while they're most likely laughing somewhere. What could I expect? My life has always been quite the shithole.

Maybe the world just hates me.....my face changed from a frown to a firm straight line while my back rested against the wall. I stopped leaning on the wall and slid down instead so that I was sitting. My feet were straight out it front of me and I ran a hand through my now messy hair. Ya,....maybe the world just hates me. It had to hate me. Otherwise i wouldn't be here at all.

I started to close my eyes and thought back to my life...my past life.

    I was 7. Walking home with my older sister....she was ten. We walked home everyday, we didn't think this time would be much different. I still remember her skip in each step she took, how she talked about her day at school, and how she would turn her head and glance to make sure i was still behind her. I always was.

It was a foggy day. No rain, no coldness, just fog. We were waiting for our turn to cross the street. Waiting for the street light to turn red, while watching two lights pass by. The cars. We couldn't see them due to the fog, only the two lights that were in front. The cars stopped coming and the light above switched to red, ensuring us that we will be safe while crossing. I started walking first and Leah soon followed. She was a little ways behind me fumbling with her backpack strings, I know because I was constantly throwing glances her way. I turned my head back around we were near the end, I was closer I placed my left foot on the pavement beginning to step fully up making it to the other side when everything stopped.