☁︎︎Introductions☁︎︎

After a few seconds of silence, Levi decided to speak up again.

"Hey, brat, we're talking to you. Answer us," Levi demanded.

Silence.

"Maybe she's just scared, Levi? Let's get her out of here," Hange requested.

Levi tch'd (I mean I don't know how to explain it) and said, "Get her a bath first, she's filthy." He then walked off.

Hange's smile widened and excitedly opened the door that's made of metal bars and walked over to the child's shaking form.

"Hello! My names Hange Zoe and I'm a squad leader in the Scouts! I'm gonna take you to the bath since Levi said so, and I see that you haven't had one in a while. But that's ok! Sometimes I don't take one for days and Levi has to force me to take one as well!" Hange smiles down at the kid, attempting to calm her.

The girl looked at Hange, slightly calming down. She hasn't shown any signs of hostility, which was new for her.

She was a little curious of whom these so-called "Scouts" were, and so hoping to learn more, she weakly nodded.

Hange's eyes widened at the action, only half expecting for her to comply. Her smile grew even more if that was even possible.

"Great!"

The energetic woman carefully picked up the child walked to the bathroom.

Once the child was undressed, Hange stood there in shock at the number of bruises and scars that littered her tiny frame.

But what shocked her the most was the big purple bruise that surrounded the little girl's neck.

She only frowned for a second before smiling once again and began washing her.

☁︎︎

After the girl was clothed in some sweatpants and a t-shirt, which Hange found from god knows where, she carried her to the commander's office.

After knocking twice the door opened to a tall, blond man with bushy eyebrows.

The girl tightened her grip and hid her face in Hange's neck. The man chuckled, stepping back so that Hange could walk in.

"Has she talked to you?" The man asks, sitting down at his desk.

"Nope! But she let me wash her, which I think is a good sign..." she trails off, looking back at the girl who was still in her arms.

Erwin raised an eyebrow, asking her to continue.

Hange didn't say anything and instead moved the child that was in her arms so that he could have a clear view of her neck.

His eyes widened at the huge purple bruise and stood up and walked closer to get a better look, and as he did the girl looked up at the man.

He froze and his gaze widened even more at the child's eyes.

They were a beautiful light blue with speckles of white and an even darker blue

He was already aware of how unique her snow-white hair was, but when he rescued her eyes were closed.

Trying not to scare the child, he gave her a soft smile and gently as possible said, "Hello, my name is Erwin Smith and I am the commander."

The girl loosened her grip on Hange as she heard his calm way of speaking. She nodded slightly.

"We should probably get her a doctor and ask for them to check to see if she has any more injuries that are unknown to us," The man says, turning his gaze back to Hange.

She smiles and nods.

"Okie-Dokie!"

"I'll go do it since I have nothing else to do," Erwin says, nodding to himself before walking out of the room.

"Ok! Now let's go and meet the other-"

"No your aren't" a voice cut off Hange.

"Levi!" Hange turned to Levi, who just walked through the door.

"Look! She's all clean now!" She exclaims, slightly raising the girl on her hip.

Levi eyes the girl and the child digs her face into Hange's neck once again, cowering under his cold gaze.

"Wait, why can't she?" Hange pouts.

"Wait until after the check up. We still don't know if she has any other injuries, and if she does she'll probably worsen them by hanging around with the brats," Levi states, a bored look on his face.

Hange frowns even more but still gives in. She looks down at the girl who was peeping a look at Levi, as if if he caught her she would get in trouble. When Levi locks eyes with her she quickly looked away and put her head on Hange's shoulder.

The girl was already quite fond of Hange. Maybe it was because no human ever touched her with such a soft touch or even cared for her existence at all. Or maybe it's because she's a woman and not a man.

But it doesn't matter. All what matters is that she loves how it feels to be cared for, and she doesn't ever want to lose this miraculous feeling.

The two turned to the door when they heard it open. Erwin was standing, smiling at them.

"She's here."

☁︎︎

A/N - Ok second chapter done! I'm sorry if it's a little short but I'll be working on improving my writing.

To whoever's reading this I hope you are doing well and stay safe💕