☁︎︎A New Name☁︎︎

The girl continued to trace Eren's scar that laid atop his hand. The marking gave her some sort of peace of mind, now that she knows that she wasn't the only one that had them. Though she had much more, the blue-eyed girl was more than happy. The boy glanced down at the girl for a few seconds and then rapidly shot his head up. "I know a name that would suit her!"

 Hange gasped, "Really? What is it?" The boy smiled up at the two.

Levi and Erwin sat in silence, only the sound of scribbling was heard as they did their paperwork. They were both in Erwin's office. Although Levi likes his alone time, today he complained about not wanting to dirty up his office again. Erwin obviously said yes. Levi actually wanting to be near another human could not possibly be missed. 

That silence was over soon though. Two pairs of steps were heard stomping down the hallway and to the office where both of the men were currently in. Levi rolled his eyes as he knew it could only be the two "most annoying" brats. 

Hange slammed open the door with the now newly named girl, Azura, in her arms. Eren could be seen slowly walking up behind her. He didn't want to get yelled at again. "Guess what!" 

Erwin softly laughed at the intruding Hange. "What is it Hange?" 

 "We finally found out what her name should be!" Hange cheered and lifted the hip Azura was on. Levi finally lifted his head after hearing this.

 "Well, don't just stand there. Tell us," the raven-haired man snarled.

 Hange giggled. "It looks like someone cares-" Eren cut her off by jumping in front of her.

 "Azura!" he exclaimed with a smile on his face.

Azura - One who is of sky blue color. I'm sorry for the people who suggested, I know I said that the readers could pick. But I thought that this would suit her because of her eyes. 

 Erwin smiled. "That's a great name." Levi continued to sit there in silence.

 "Levi, do you like it?" Levi looked at Azura. 

"It fits her." Hange's smile became even brighter, she was glad that Levi agreed.

"Well, I got some errands to do," Erwin began as he stood up. He picked up a few papers that were laying on his desk in a neat pile and walked to the door. "Hange, do you mind helping me?" Hange accepted and put the girl in Levi's hands. Before he could even say anything they were out the door.

 The man mumbled insults before looking at the silver-haired child that was sitting in his lap. She was fumbling with the cream colored cravat that he always wore, pulling and stretching the soft material with her small hands. Although Levi knew she was incapable of any harm, he just couldn't bear thinking of the old, but most definitely precious, fabric tearing.

 So he slapped her hand away. He didn't mean to do this, he just wanted to keep the cravat in one piece. But when her breathing got faster and her eyes began to water he immediately regretted it. Azura held her hand to her chest, her wide eyes that were now leaking tears stared at her hand where a slightly red mark appeared. He could feel her shaking. He brought the horrible memories that she hoped she would forget back up. Levi didn't know what to do. He wasn't the greatest at comfort, he knew that. And for once in his life he wished that Hange was there with him. 

Though luck was on his side today. Jean, Connie, and Sasha barged into the room. They were hoping to see Azura so they didn't even think about knocking. Once they heard the small sobs they walked over to their captain, who was sitting there wide-eyed with a guilty expression on his face. In hopes of comforting the child, Jean walked and raised his arms, trying to pick her up. She flinched, but he didn't hear the cries anymore, which made relief wash over him. That only lasted for a second, though. 

Fear was displayed on his face as the realization set in. Not only could he not hear her cries, he couldn't hear anything. He closed his eyes for a second then opened them again, only to see darkness. He couldn't see anything. Jean then raised his hand to touch his face. Nothing. He couldn't feel anything. He breathed in through his nose, trying‒‒hoping‒‒to sense the smell of fresh lemon but to no avail. And finally, he couldn't even taste the aftertaste of the tea he just drank. 

Now it was his turn to panic. 

But all of his senses abruptly were gifted to him once again. He opened his eyes to see the worried face of his friend. He assumed that he had fallen when his sense of touch was gone, because he was on the floor, his back aching in pain. "Jean! Are you alright? What happened? Why did you fall?" Connie began sprouting out questions immediately when he saw him open his eyes. Jean looked over at the girl who was surprisingly looking back at him, her eyes as wide as his. 

Did she do this? 

She wasn't crying anymore and was now in Sasha's arms, who also displayed a look of worry for her friend. Levi was standing up with his arms crossed, his cold expression back. "Hey brat. Get up. You're dirtying the floor," he nagged. Jean complied and stood up. 

Sasha looked at Jean with worry. He looked a bit shaken up when he woke up. "U-uh, I got to go help Eren with the stables," Jean stammered and rushed out the door. "Good luck with the kid." Connie scrunched his eyebrows in confusion. 

"Jean helping Eren? Maybe I should go see if he's ok..." Connie mumbled.