☁︎︎Laughter☁︎︎

The room was filled with a tense atmosphere. Everyone was as still as a boulder as they waited. The unconscious girl who was lying in a bed was accompanied by Hange. 

The titan enthusiast held a distressed face as she watched Azura. Her hands held each other tightly, making her knuckles turn slightly white. As she sat there, she thought about how everyone got attached to the small girl in such little time, especially her. (And Levi, but he wouldn't admit it.)

 As soon as she saw Azura she felt the need to protect her. The new motive surprised her since all she's ever been interested in are titans. If it was any other child, she would have given her to someone more suited for taking care of a child. But the way her snow-white hair reflected light and how her eyes resembled the sky just interested her so much. She never would've thought she would be this worried over Azura.

 Levi sat a bit further away from the bed. He didn't care for her any less, though. He found himself getting mad at others for upsetting or harming her in any way, and even tried to comfort her from time to time. 

Levi and Hange have also started to search for the people who locked her away. Who planted a scar on her that will never disappear and will torment her for the rest of her life. To Hange and Levi, their actions are unforgettable and will not go unpunished. 

Erwin, who just now walked in the room which seemed all too tense for his liking, spoke up and considered that they give her time to rest and to go on with their daily tasks. They only left when he reassured that she'll be fine and that he'll notify them right away when she wakes up.

...

Laughter filled the air as it swirled and whooshed like the wind. It danced into the woman's ears as she smiled, the joyous, beautiful sound making her feel like she was floating on clouds. The sun was not too hot, but also not too cold. Making it the perfect weather to match the just as perfect afternoon. 

The woman watched the children as they played. Their laughs reflect off of each other's as both of the three year olds play with the colorful toys. Most of the toys had different textures and bright colors, making the little children absorbed in the fascinating objects that probably wouldn't be as fascinating to someone older.

 They were sitting on a soft blanket that was located on a wooden porch. The women looked after them as she slightly rocked in a rocking chair beside them. Her snow-white hair reflected the setting sun as it sat on her shoulders, curling in the most perfect places. If she was standing it would go down to her lower back. 

The people in the village they lived in adored her hair, as well as her eyes that were the color of the sky. Every time she goes on an errand she gets compliments and gets told that she and her baby girl are blessed with such breath-taking features. She smiles at them and thanks them whenever they do so, but she secretly dislikes all the attention. 

She feels uneasy with the amount of recognition her baby is getting, as she knows that there are a lot of horrible people in the world that would do unforgiving things to get what they want. Deep down she prays that her child will never have to face these ungodly people. 

But of course, the world itself is just as unforgiving.

...

A sharp pain travels throughout Azura's head when she finally opens her eyes. A sudden brightness makes her wince, and she swiftly shuts them. "Azura!" She recognizes that voice as Hange's and attempts to open her eyes again. This time it was much darker, for the light was blocked by Hange's figure that was hovering over her own. 

The titan enthusiast starts talking at an alarming rate which is shut down as fast as it started by a hand that slapped onto her mouth. "Oh right. Sorry," she apologies, the words muffled by the hand.

 "How are you feeling?" Levi took back his hand and wiped it on the bed. The small girl that was still laid down in bed looked over at him. She nods her head as if telling him that she feels alright and slowly gets up. 

Once Hange and Levi affirm that she is alright they let her get out of bed. Levi grumbled about having paperwork to fill out and leaves, leaving Azura to Hange. The woman picks up the little girl and walks to the dining hall.

 She chuckles as she walks. "Doesn't this bring back memories! I remember when you first got here, we had to carry you around all the time! But now you walk everywhere," she babbled as she walked through the doors that led to the dining hall. 

There sat Eren, who was littered with bandages. No blood, just bandages. Azura was placed across from him, but Hange glanced with an uncertain expression as the blue-eyed girl looked at Eren. The woman smiled as Azura waved at Eren, in which he did the same.

 They ate together in silence, for Azura still didn't talk much. Though this was short lived when she spoke.

 "E-win" Eren snapped his head over to her.

 "Huh? What did you say?"

 "Er..." she paused, "Eren." 

The boy smiled ear to ear and began to laugh. "She just said my name!" Though the word was a bit sloppy in pronunciation, she still said it nevertheless. Later on Eren was found boasting to Jean about it, which ended in them yelling back and forth, arguing about who Azura liked better.