Chapter 12

I pull back from the hug as I push back on Dabi's chest.

"You fucking asshole, what the fuck is wrong you?" I say.

Dabi chuckles before holding his hands up in defense. "It was just a fun game. Nothing harmless."

I roll my eyes as I walk to the couch. "Are we going to the hideout? The other would want to know where you are."

"Hm, not yet," Dabi says. "I want it to be a surprise."

"Oh, like you did me?" I say crossing my legs.

"Oh, no," Dabi says as he takes a seat next to me on the couch. "That was special only for you."

"That's some bullshit." I say pulling out my phone from the jacket.

"Who's jacket is that?" Dabi asks as he leans over to watch what I was doing on my phone.

"It's Nadir's, I couldn't find min-,"

"Nadir?" Dabi asks shock lased on his voice.

"Yeah? Why-,"

Oh, shit. Dabi didn't know he was back, did he? Well, they were old friends, right? It shouldn't be that b-.

"Y/N," Dabi says shaking my shoulder. "When did Nadir come back?"

"Oh, uh," I say trying to pinpoint the exact day. "Probably the same day they took you in to Fasins?"

Dabi nods as he stands up grabbing my hand. "Let's go."

"Go where?" I ask as I get pulled off the couch. "I thought you wanted it to be a surprise."

Dabi continues to walk as we exit the room.

"Dabi," I say as I pull my hand out of his grasp. "What up with you? Do you and Nadir have some bad blood or something?"

Dabi pauses as he continues to face forward. He turns around before looking everywhere, but me.

"If you don't want to say it yet, you don't have to, but-,"

"He was dead." Dabi says.

"What?"

"He died. Right in front of my eyes. I don't know how he's back, but the fast we get back to the base, the faster I find out." Dabi says.

Nadir died?

"What do you mean?" I ask. I haven't really known Nadir for long, but still, did he fake his own death?

"I'll tell you on the way, but for now we need to get back to the hide out." Dabi says grasping my hand once more.

"Oh, about that." I say halting once again. "We moved."

————————————

We walk into the alley of the hideout and toward the front doors.

"Okay, Dabi," I say as we stand in front of the entrance. "Don't walk in all abrupt, walk in-,"

"Y/N, I know you are not returning here this late-," Mes says as he opens the front doors.

Dabi and I's eyes land on Mes who had a shocked face, mouth slightly opened.

"What the," Mes starts before he closes the door. He reopens the door just to be met with the same two people outside the door.

"What the fuck?!" Mes yells.

"Mes, what are you yelling about?" El asks as she quickly jogs over to the door. Her eyes land on us before her jog freezes in place.