Chapter 19

"Everyone get up!" Jonathan shouted waking most of us up from our slumber on the couch.

I lift my head, my eyes adjusting to the dim lamp light that's shining onto of the table in the middle of the room.

"If you guys want to get to this plan settled, you're going to have hurry up and get your minds back into it." Jonathan said as he walks toward the light switch, switching it on causing everyone to groan.

"Damn Jon,". Nadir says rubbing his eyes with the front of his wrist. "A little warning next time wouldn't hurt."

"Nadir, don't call me 'Jon'." Jonathan says. "And I did warn you guys. I told you to get up."

"Woah, that's some attitude?" Dabi says.

Jonathan scoffs and what I'd assume was roll his eyes, since my eyes were still kind of adjusting.

"Anyways, I got a plan which is partially bulletproof. There's just a small possibility of it not working, but I'll go over that later." Jonathan says.

Jonathan walks back over to the coffee table and shuffles around some papers before picking up a picture of a warehouse.

"This warehouse," Jonathan says moving the picture from one side of us to the other making sure we all get a good look at it. "Is the warehouse where we'll intercept them."

Scattered 'Okays' and 'Mhms'.

"Are you people up?!" Jonathan shouts banging his hand on the table.

We all jump, startled from the loud bang.

Jonathan sighs while pinching the bridge of his nose. "We'll reconvene after some breakfast."

—————————

I munch on the french toast and eggs that Ms.G made for all of us as there are small conversations going on around us.

As I take a sip of my juice, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn in the direction of the tap with an eyebrow raised.

There, stands Electrus. I fight the urge to roll my eyes as I set my cup down.

"Hey," El starts. "I'm sorry. I was in a fit of rage, I felt like I had to blame someone-,"

"So you chose me?" I said with a scoff.

"I know, and I am sorry. I truly am, I just," El says with a sigh. "I just didn't know what to do."

El puts her head down and I can see one or two tears slip out.

Pushing my pride aside, I turn to El placing my hand on her shoulder. "Look, El."

El raises her head, eyes teary. "I understand how close you and Mes were and honestly I can't say I would've acted differently if I were in your shoes but please, try to not slap me again." I say with a slight laugh which caused El to laugh with me.

"Of course not, a one time occurrence." El says wrapping her arms around me engulfing me in a hug.

At this point the whole room was quietly watching us, which made me and El laugh awkwardly and pull away from the embrace.

"Now that the girls made up," Nadir says pushing both our heads back. "Let's get back to the objective."

We all laugh as we make our way to back to the makeshift living room.

"And also," Ms.Guérir says. "When are we gonna leave here? This place... no offense or anything, but it's a dump."

Stifled laughs happen around the room as El scoffs.

"This was the best we were gonna get, you know cause we're fugitives, right?" El says defending herself and her precious building.

"Yeah, but now you know you could've did better." Dabi says swiping his finger on the dusty coffee table.

"Aren't you literally burnt?" El says.

"Heyy, don't come for him. You know he's a little subconscious about that." Nadir says whispering the last part.

"Nadir, don't make me jump over this table and burn you like me." Dabi say holding his hand up, blue fire emerging from it.

"Arachnophobia is real."

"So is fire."

"Okay children!" Jonathan says stepping in front of Dabi and Nadir who had moved closer to each other. "You can bicker and quarrel after we're done."

Jonathan walks over the table and place the pictures and map down in the same way he had before.

"So now that we know their quirks and stuff, we should determine who would take on who." Jonathan says.

We all sit in the couches, and watch as Jonathan writes on a paper.

"Okay, so here." Jonathan says as he puts the paper in the middle of the table. "Y/N, you'll fight Planetres, Dabi you go for Jester, El you get Fiona, and Nadir, you'll have Crinkle."

"Funny how Dabi got Jester, but he's not funny." Nadir says.

"Funny how if I wanted to I could kill you right now." Dabi says standing up.

"Funny how-,"

"Enough!" Ms.G says. "You too act like children. Just shut the fuck up."

Dabi and Nadir go quiet, as if they just got scolded by their mom.

"Well," I say standing up. "Are we going to get going?"

"Right, we don't have time for this." Jonathan says shuffling the papers into a pile. "We'll go to my house and find some costumes for you guys."

"Aw, I gotta change my clothes?" Nadir says.

"Nadir, when was the last time you took a shower?" Jonathan asks.

"On to the next question."

Everyone burst out laughing as we walk down the stairs.

"You're fucking disgusting." El says with a laugh.

"I just didn't have the time!" Nadir says in defense. "It's not like you could tell."

"We could tell." we all say in unison causing us to laugh even more as we exit the building.

Nadir scoffs and rolls his eyes and he walks with us. "Anyways, it doesn't matter! We're going to Jonny's house so I can take a shower there."

"Nadir, for the love of god stop with these nicknames." Jonathan says shaking his head.

"Your name is just too long and has too many syllables." Nadir says.

"Who's going in who's car?" Dabi asks.

"It can be Nadir,Jonathan and Dabi-," Ms. Guérir was saying before Jonathan cut her off.

"Nope, uh uh. Not going with him." Jonathan says.

"Aww, come on Jon Jon. Let's go!" Nadir says wrapping his arm around Jonathan's shoulders as he walks toward his car.

We all laugh as they walk away.

"Okay, well we'll see you there." I say as I go to walk away.

Before I can, Dabi grab my hand and pulls me into an embrace.

"See you soon."

I pull back a little and look into Dabi's eyes. "You okay right?"

Dabi gives me a small smile before leaning in and plants a small kiss on my lips.

"I will be."

I smile back as I feel someone pulling me away from him. "Okayyy, lovebirds let's get a move on." El says.