Chapter Twelve

A lazy smile was present on Toyomitsu's lips as he sipped at his coffee the next morning, not even a little bothered that he had only gotten home at nearly five am. He spent hours cuddled up to Izumiya as she drew, chatting about inconsequential things while handing her markers when requested. And while to anyone else something like this might've seemed dull, Toyomitsu relished the innocent intimacy they'd shared. The more he had gotten to know Izumiya, the more connected he felt and the harder he fell; it was that simple. Of course he thought she was beautiful, but she was so much more than what she showed on the surface.

Glancing at his phone on the table to check the time once his stomach growled in demand of something more substantial than caffeine, Toyomitsu's eyes lit up. It was just past eleven am which meant it was almost lunchtime and judging by past experiences, Izumiya probably hadn't eaten much today so it wouldn't be too presumptuous to head over to Itsuo's gym with a meal...right?

Tossing a black bomber jacket on top of his fitted charcoal shirt and grey joggers, Toyomitsu locked up his apartment and headed to one of his favourite food stands for take-out.

Meanwhile, Izumiya cleaned up after a small class, her eyes barely able to stay open as she did so. With a grumbling stomach reminding her of her poor choice of foregoing breakfast for a cup of coffee, the brunette damned herself for staying up so late. Since she and Toyomitsu hadn't called it a night until around four-thirty that morning, sleep seemed pointless seeing as she needed to be awake at six am anyway. She promised herself she'd go to sleep early tonight to make up for it, but she knew she was lying to herself.

With her chin propped up on top of her broom handle, she intended to only let her eyes close for a few seconds of rest, but she didn't even hear the door chime as Toyomitsu entered the facility. A small smile tugging up his lips from how cute she looked so sleepy, but he mainly felt guilty for having kept her up so late.

"Izumiya?" He called out to her softly, not wanting to wake her with a start.

"Ivy's not available at the moment, please try again later," she mumbled before she blinked, so tired that she didn't even have the effort to stop herself from smiling softly at the sight of Toyomitsu in front of her.

Toyomitsu held up the large paper bag in his hand and Izumiya practically began to salivate as the aroma of fried foods made its way over to her. "Wanna have lunch with me?"

Making an attempt to nod only to realize her chin was still supported by the broom, Izumiya laughed quietly at her own idiocy before straightening up and stretching out her arms. "Lunch sounds perfect, actually," she eyed the bag with a sigh while she propped the broom against the nearest wall. "Slim chance there's a cup of coffee hiding in that bag, huh?"

"No coffee, unfortunately. They don't serve it at the stand I visited," Toyomitsu reached into his left jacket pocket as he tugged out two cans of Redbull. "But they did have these. Figured you might need a caffeine boost today."

"I take back all the mean things I've ever said about you," Izumiya hustled over to slip a can from his hand and immediately cracked it open. "You are a goddamn angel today, Mitsy."

"Apology accepted," he chuckled as she gulped down half the can before stopping for air. "I'm glad to be of service."

Closing the distance between them, Toyomitsu placed a hand on the small of her back and guided her toward the reception desk where they'd eaten in the past only to find that it was quite messy with scattered papers, open books and file folders were strewn across its surface.

"Oh," he hummed. "Maybe we should eat somewhere else. I don't wanna... disorganize what's all laid out here."

"Let's just eat over back over there," Izumiya pointed out the mats she'd been cleaning. "We can sit on the mats and eat with food in our laps. No biggie, right?"