Chapter 2

"We don't talk enough! We should open up before it's all too much tumtum tum will we ever learn?! we've been here before! it's just what we know tumtum tum stop your crying, baby it's a sign of the times we gotta get away we got to get away we - ..." I was right in the middle of my singing/screaming session when someone decided to ring the doorbell.

I rolled my eyes and jumped off my stage also known as couch. I muted the music and walked towards the door. Sprinkles, who was now more than a year old, healthy, energetic, food obsessed drama king, followed me as always when I went to open the door.

"Whoever it is, you have my permission to bite them." I mumbled to him and scratched the back of his ears, still pissed that someone dared to stop our performance.

Anyway, I opened the door.

Two familiar faces.

I closed the door again and went back to the living room like nothing happened. Immediately I turned the music back on but this time on even higher volume than before.

However, I couldn't make myself sing again so I just collapsed on the couch with Sprinkles laying on my lap.

The doorbell rang once more. Twice more.

"Please just leave me alone ..." I mumbled and leaned closer to Sprinkles, just when he decided that he had enough of it. His paws made their way towards the door where he started howling like a wolf.

I covered my face with my hands and sighed. "When you think it couldn't get worse ..."

I stood up, turned off the music and walked back to the front door.

"Emily, we need to talk!" Nat shouted from the other side of the door.

"You have to talk, not me." I mumbled and tried to move Sprinkles away from the door.

I kept one of my hands on the doorknob and opened the door just enough to lean on the door frame. "What do you want?" I asked, looking at Nat. I glanced at Steve just once. He was looking at me ... concerned?

For showing up at my house he should be more concerned about himself.

"Can we come in?" Nat asked carefully.

I hesitated for a moment but then I realised that they won't leave until they get what they want, so I moved away from the door and let them in.

After I closed the door they awkwardly stood in the middle of the hall while Sprinkles kept sniffing and jumping on them.

I rolled my eyes and walked past them as I tapped my thigh to make Sprinkles follow me back to the living room. "I told you to bite them ..." I whispered to him.

"Nice house." Nat smiled and looked around the living room.

"Just don't. Let's not pretend that I'm happy to see you. What do you want from me? I mean ... " I said and leaned on the wall on the opposite side of the room from them. "... that's why you're here, right? Because you need something from me. Don't even try to deny it ... everytime I was stupid enough to think that you two are actually my ... friends ... you made it clear that it was just what I knew that you cared about."

"Emily ..." Steve started but I interrupted him immediately.

"No no no. You better stay quiet since I'm already doubting if I should kill you now or in two minutes." I glared at him before looking back at Nat.

"We need you to come with us." she said while holding her breath, clearly not looking forward to my reaction.

I chuckled sarcastically. "I'm actually having a really great time here, so no, I have no wish to join you in whatever mess you got yourself into ... again." I explained while trying not to laugh at how scared Steve looked of jumping Sprinkles.