Chapter 74

I was sitting on the grass under the maple tree, leaning my back against the trunk. In one hand I was holding a plate with a half eaten piece of cake and in the other I held a fork that just landed in my mouth.

In the near distance I could hear music playing, people laughing, chatting and in general having a good time.

"Here you are ..."

My lips immediately turned into a wide smile as I recognised the voice of a man that stopped by my side.

"We needed some alone time." I said and looked up at him.

"We?" Bucky asked slightly confused and sat down by my side, a bottle of beer in his hand. I could feel my heart skip a bit or two as his shoulder slid down against mine.

"Me and the cake." I said before taking the last bite and put the plate away.

We stayed quiet for a few moments, just staring at the distance. Well I was the one staring at the distance. When I once again turned my head to look at him, his eyes were already stuck on me.

"We're married Buck." I chuckled slightly and shook my head, having a bit of a hard time believing that all of this was real. Just saying it out loud made my heart warm up.

"Hell yeah." Bucky imitated me.

I rolled my eyes as he laughed at my glaring stare and as a punishment I took his half full bottle of beer.

I emptied the bottle in one take, making Bucky raise his eyebrows, staring at me slightly impressed. I let the bottle fall down by my side, next to the empty plate.

"I don't even like beer." I mumbled while scrunching my nose and tried to hold in a burp.

"I can bring you some tea, darling." he kept teasing me and tried to keep a straight face as I punched his shoulder and huffed as if I was really offended but to be honest, I was barely able to hold in my laugh.

"I'll take that as a no." Bucky nodded understandingly before leaning his head back on the trunk, a wide smile still spread over his face. "People were looking for you by the way ..."

"People or you?" I asked and rested my head on his shoulder.

"People ... and me." he responded and turned his head my way, leaning his forehead on the top of my head. "Mostly me." he added softly.

My hand slowly searched for his and as soon as his fingers wrapped around mine, I let out a sigh. Not the annoyed one but the one that says 'I'm the luckiest and happiest person alive.'.

"Did you and your cake had enough of alone time?" Bucky asked after a few quiet moments, with a serious voice as if he was asking a genuinely serious question.

"Mhm ... why? Jealous a bit?" I joked before reaching with my finger to the plate by my side, getting off some cake crumbs and cream, licking my finger slowly.

"You're such a teaser. Behave Mia, we've got guests!" he hissed while laughing, taking the finger out of my mouth.

"Wait no! I'm not done yet!" I pouted like a little kid since some of the cream was still left on my finger.

Bucky rolled his eyes and licked the rest of the cream off my finger, making my heart skip a bit as a slight smirk appeared on my lips.

"Is my girl satisfied now?" he said underneath his breath.

"You don't even know." I blurted out.

"Happy to hear that."

"Can I get my finger back though?" I asked and leaned my head back on his shoulder while trying not to laugh at the fact that he was still holding it as if he actually planned to keep it.