Chapter 25

"Oh look! There is a building!" I said a little too loudly and excitedly as I stopped by Sam's side.

Why was I so excited you may ask? Because that could be the first 'mission' that I actually succeed at. Like honestly ... Washington DC? Fail. Bucharest? Fail. Lagos? Fail. Siberia? Not something I wanna talk about. Wakanda? Thomas took the spotlight. Last battle? We may won but ... anyway.

"No shit Sherlock. And you might wanna say it a little louder, just in case they didn't hear you yet." Sam responded and rolled his eyes.

"You know what? I can deal with all of this by myself." I said way over confidently, pushed him out of my way and ran into the building before he could stop me.

Of course that was a lie, I couldn't deal with all of this by myself since I didn't even know exactly what we were up against. And honestly, a person with a logical way of thinking probably wouldn't act like that in front of two literal heroes, expecially when one of them can fly and the other one is a super soldier.

But would I ever admit this in front of Sam? Never in a million years.

"Mia wait!" Bucky whispered-yelled from behind and in just a few seconds he already stopped me by grabbing my hand.

"I don't think now is the opportunity to try to prove yourself." he started and before I could snap he continued, "Sam's an idiot, don't listen to him. Don't let him get into your head, okay? Right now though, we have to stick together." he said while gently holding my hand and looking straight into my eyes.

This wasn't fair. He knew that he could make me do anything with that seductive look. Scary but true. I MEAN, ONCE AGAIN, HAVE YOU SEEN THOSE EYES?!

"... At least the two of us." Bucky added after looking around and realising that Sam wasn't anywhere to be seen.

I flinched slightly since his voice woke me up from my daydreaming about him and brought me back from being lost in his eyes.

"You alright?" he asked and slightly tilted his head so he could see my face more clearly.

"Nope. Not at all." I answered before turning away, started walking once again and glanced around.

"I heard the idiot part." Sam's voice appeared in my head. Was I going insane?! Was that the first consequence of being in Sam's presence?! Hearing his voice at random times?!

Oh wait no. Ugh the damn earpieces. I took them both out of my ears and threw them on the ground, smashing them with my feet until they completely fell apart.

Just as if my anger issues weren't showing enough yet, Sam made sure to piss me off even more. His little electric bird flew right past my head. I almost grabbed it but it slipped right through my fingers.

Quickly I took one of my iconic knives from my pocket, closed one of my eyes to eyeball it and was ready to throw the knife at Sam's robotic servant.

Before I could do it, Bucky snatched my wrist with his metal arm. The grip was so strong that it made me loudly groan in pain as the knife slipped from my hand and hit the ground just a moment later.

Immediately he realised that he made a bad, horrible mistake and let go off my wrist. "I didn't mean to. Fuck I'm so sorry. I can't- ... I didn't know I was ... sometimes I can't tell when it's too much ..." he rushed with apologies and ran his fingers through his hair, clearly mad and disappointed at himself.

"You almost ripped off my hand you psychopath!" I yelled as I pressed my wrist against my ear just as if I was expecting it to tell me if it's broken.

"It's gonna be alright pal... you're strong and brave ..." I whispered to it and if the situation wasn't that intense, Bucky would probably be already rolling on the ground laughing. Well at least that's what I would do if this happened in a movie. Gosh maybe I should try with therapy once again ...