Oneshot

"Nice job Cap."

The moment those words left Bucky's lips, he knew they were right. He had been afraid of betraying Steve, but it was not the case. Sam was Captain America. The Captain that people needed now, that Bucky needed.

Sam replied, slightly surprised, "Thanks."

Bucky patted him on the back as they continued to walk in silence. Then Bucky stopped, grabbed Sam's wrist lightly, checking to make sure no one was watching them. He lifted Sam's red glasses mask, because he wanted to be able to look him directly in the eyes for what he had to say. He took the opportunity to let his hand linger on Sam's cheek before saying in a soft voice, "Nice job Sam."

Sam smiled and gave him a quick but passionate kiss in return. Then he put his mask back and held Bucky's hand when he let go of Sam's wrist.

Someone in the distance called, "Captain!"

Sam smiled apologetically, "It's starting. Duty calls. Wait for me at home...er I mean at my apartment?"

Bucky, who had not missed Sam's slip of the tongue, replied, "Yeah! Go, don't keep them waiting."

Then as Sam started to leave, Bucky called out to him, "Hey Cap!"

Sam turned around, "What?"

"You've always felt like home to me."