Chapter Two: Cave Base

I splashed into the water below, hearing her echoing scream above me. I quickly closed my mouth as to not inhale any water and swam to the edge.

My hands grasped into the cold stone as I gasped deeply, enjoying the crisp air. I pulled myself up and out of the water before plopping myself onto my back, setting my shield aside. I didn't bother taking my armor off.

I moved over to a small tree that had somehow managed to grow down here. Such a beautiful thing, growing in such an odd location...

I dug into the side of the ravine, blocked it off, placed a torch, and took a nap. I must have been safe now, right?

And I was. I woke up hours later, feeling refreshed and somewhat happy. I knew for a fact that Dream was back in the town, just waiting for me to die and respawn back in my house so she can kidnap me again, so I decided to make this my new house. I couldn't set my new spawnpoint though, she can track that sort of thing no matter where it is.

I started off by adding an iron door to the base, placing a pressure on the outside and on the inside. I set up a small crafting spot, built a smoker and blast furnace, and set them beside it. I went outside and killed a few pigs to cook for myself, constantly glancing around for any sign of the hooded psycho.

A Creeper showed up once, which nearly killed me. I managed to survive and slowly crawl back to my small base and eat and heal. I rubbed my face and decided to climb out of the ravine for a few minutes.

I poked my head up and looked around for any sign of anyone. Even Tommy could tell Dream where I was and that would be horrible. No one around for miles, though.

I went to a nearby herd of cows and started killing them, dropping the meat back down into the ravine for me to cook later. I jumped back down and started looking for iron to make new armor.

Found a good lot, made a new set and a chest to hold it. I was gonna keep this armor on until I needed it.

I made a huge mistake about an hour later.

I took my armor off and went outside at night to watch the stars. I had fortified the place, so I wasn't expecting anything to attack me.

I sat up to the sound of bones rattling, and looked to my left.

And arrow plunged itself into the back of my head, and everything went dark.

I woke up with a gasp in my bed back in my house, and screamed.

I was met with Dream's unmasked face.