Addicted(CH.1)

Arcade Empire.

You stared at the largely lit neon sign and for some reason, you felt a wave of security fall upon you. You couldn't quite figure out why, but you felt attracted to something in there. But not just something. You could feel the aura of the g-
"Y/N??" Harvey said, in an obviously worried tone. "I-im fine.." You answered his questioned before he could even ask it. But you couldn't hear Harvey's rants about letting him finish his sentences for once, and soon Claire had started arguing with him. This was your chance. To get there first.
Be the first person to get that game,
You would be first,
You HAD to be first.
Without thinking, you bolted into the store and sighed a sigh of relief.
They didn't notice.
You dashed to the glass chamber, but no one was there. Not even a staff member. W-whats goin' on!? You thought to yourself, as your hand instinctively reached for the game in the delicate case...
...
And grabbed it.
You grabbed it with such force it made your spine shiver.
Since when had you been this strong?!
Since when had you not been this strong...?
With that you sighed for the like 1000th time this day and headed back home by yourself and realising your mother had pretended she didn't know you when you asked her to drive you home, you guessed you were on your own and started the excruciating journey back home on foot. But that didn't darken your happy spirits. On the outside it might have looked as you were a normal grumpy teenager forced to walk home by your terrible mum, but on the inside you were screaming with happiness, like a 5 year old child, who had had too much sweets. As soon as you got home, you travelled up to the attic and placed the new and fresh disc carefully into the disc player(idk what its called ;-;) and switched on the controller. Your head perked up as you heard the sweet music of a music box twinkling in the background and saw a little creature in stock in the background(Ik this isn't how the actual screen looks like but gimme a break guys)

Hollow Knight
New game
Options
Language
Extras

As your eagerness filled you up, like a tea pot being filled to the brim with tea you pressed new game and embraced yourself for this new exciting experience.

In wilds beyond,
they speak your name with reverance and regret,
For none could tame our savage souls yet you the challenge met,

Challenge? You thought to yourself before shrugging and continuing,

Under palest watch,
You taught,
we changed,
Base instincs were redeemed,
A world you gave to bug as they had never dreamed.

-Elegy for Hallownest,
By Monomon the Teacher

Hallownest huh? You thought to yourself when suddenly, your heart skipped a jump as you felt yourself being pulled towards the screen. Huh!? was all you could think at that moment and then...

...

...

...

...

Nothing.
Black.
Not a sound.
But then-
***

507 words!