Ordinary Day or so I Thought

I need to control my emotions today or else I will be found....

"Samantha, please get your brother and come down here.'' My mother yelled from the kitchen. I grabbed my green New York Yankees hoodie and black converse, then walked to the room next to mine. In the room, there was a little boy with chocolate brown hair, ocean green eyes, and a scar on his chin. The little boy was playing with a blue and pink dragon from Build-A-Bear. The little boy was my five year old brother Kalen or Kal for short.

I snuck in behind him and yelled, "BOO!". Kal jumped, and turned around looking like I was a monster.

"Sammi! You scared me.. I thought you were an alien." Kal whispered as he started to calm down, and finished getting dressed. "Can I wear your green hoodie today? Please" he asked as he put on a pink shirt, blue shorts, and purple Nikes.

"Of course, you can Kal. It totally matches your outfit." I tell him as I hand him my hoodie. He threw it over his head, and it came down past his knees. "You look great, bud." I tell him as I pick him up and his stuffed dragon. We started to head downstairs to the kitchen where our parents were waiting. My father was sitting at the kitchen table on his laptop probably working on some huge scientific breakthrough for the university. He looked a professor version of Superman. He had jet black hair with little pieces of grey shining through, ocean green eyes like Kalen's, and glasses that were always on top of his head. My mother on the other hand looked a princess who got her happily ever after. She had long chocolate and caramel hair that was twisted up into a bun, skin that was perfectly tanned, and blue grey eyes that changed colors with her moods. I look like a perfect combination of my parents. I have jet black hair with natural caramel colored highlights that shine through, perfectly tanned skin, and the exact same eyes as my mom.

"Samantha, did you finish your science paper last night?" my father asked as I sat down at the table.

"Yeah, I finished it last night right before bed. Can you or mom proofread it before I submit it to the school board today?" I answered back to him as I started to cut up some strawberries and grapes.

"Of course sweetheart. Hopefully our research helped you make your own discovery." my mother said as she handed my brother a plate filled with fruit, bacon, and of course, her famous pancake. My parents work at MIT as researchers who focused on the different genomes and DNA of the advanced people who have certain traits. They started this research shortly after I turned four because I was one of the "advanced" people that they were studying. When I turned four, my parents started to notice that I could manipulate the elements around me like water, air, fire, and earth. They studied my DNA for the last seven years, but nothing has come back abnormal. Besides that they have discovered my powers are connected to my spirit, the fifth element that I can control.

"Remember today, your mom and I have a meeting with Tony Stark to see if he could use our research in his suits." my father said as he drank his coffee. "Also, Samantha, you need to remember your meditation techniques and control your emotions. We can risk anyone finding out about your powers, especially not with everything that has been going on in the world." he explained to me as I rolled my eyes. Tony Stark announcing himself as IronMan, Steve Rogers coming off the ice after 70 years, and now Thor, the Norse god of thunder appearing.

"I know Dad. I am going to go to the park for a little bit after breakfast to finish the final touches on my paper before heading to the school board and turning it in." I tell him as I steal a piece of bacon from Kalen's plate.

"Hey! Sammi took my bacon!" Kal yelled as my parents both laughed.

"Here silly boy. Have another piece." my mother told him as she placed another piece of bacon on his plate. "Samantha, you know not to stay out that long alone. Correct?" she questioned giving me the "you need to stay hidden" look.

I looked at her, and said, "Of course I know Mom." I finished my fruit and went to my book bag. "Can you guys please check my paper before I go to the park?" I handed my dad the essay I had written. He shook his head in agreement, and started to read it. I went to my bedroom to grab a new hoodie since I had given Kal the one I picked out earlier. As I was looking for a hoodie, I looked outside my window, and saw how beautiful the day was. I thought to myself, "I can't wait to sit on the grass, and feel the world around me." I quickly threw on a black zip-up jacket and went back downstairs.

"Honey, this paper is perfect! You are definitely your mother's daughter." my father said as he smiled towards my mother, handing the paper back to me.

My mother went over to him, kissed him, and said "She definitely has both of our smarts and love." My parents were high school sweethearts who fell instantly in love with each when they were partnered up as science partners. "I am going to take Kalen to his daycare, and then head into the office. Samantha, please come straight home after your meeting with the school board. We are going to have a family dinner and movie night." my mother said as she picked up my brother's book bag and stuffed dragon. She gave my father a kiss and me a hug as she walked out the door.

"Well I probably should be leaving too. I have to run to the gas station before going to the office. Do you want a ride to the park today?" my father asked as he cleaned up his laptop and work papers.

"No thank you Dad. It's really pretty out, so I'm going to walk there. Evelyn's mother is going to pick me up from the park in thirty minutes, and take us to our meeting." I tell him as he gets his keys. I go up to him and give a huge hug. "I love you more than apple pie." I told him. He smiles and hugs me back, then walks out the door. My father and I's favorite dessert is apple pie, so we always joke around saying that we love each other more than apple pie. After a few minutes, I started to head to the park. I made it to the park, and went to sit down in my favorite stop, but I was stopped by a man.

"Hello small child. I am looking for Samantha Jordan." The tall, pale man with jet black hair and bright blue eyes asked me.

I was hesitant at first, but I finally replied, "I'm Samantha Jordan. Who are you?"

The man smiled mischievously, and replied with, "I am Loki, and you are coming with me." The last thing I remember was feeling the earth around me fade as Loki touched me with some kind of specter looking thing.