Soul Seeker's Revenge

Lost. Sacrifice. Hero.

After being pulled out from the bank, having to leave my families' bodies behind, I lost it completely in Steve's arms. After a few minutes of him holding me close, I decided to create a box out of rubble by using my powers. After the box was created, I placed the arrowhead from Barton in it along with my brother's stuffed dragon, my parents' wedding bands, and Steve's dog tags, then I closed the box, and sent it underground where only I could come back and find it. I stood up and looked at Steve, Nastasha, and Barton who were only waiting for me. I wiped the tears from my face, and said, "Let's go end this. Now." At that moment, they actually looked scared of me. We all ran towards Stark Tower where Loki and the portal both were. When we got there, Dr. Selving, Loki's servant who finally was able to break through was trying to shut down the portal.

"Well well, look what we have here." a voice behind me said. I turned around and saw Loki. I ran towards him with my shield ready, but he was able to tell me every move before I made it. I did the last thing that he would ever expect me to do. I deactivated my shield, and I stood there, like a deer stuck in headlights. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply listening to all of the noises around, and feeling all of the emotions, elements, and spirits in the city. Then I finally opened my eyes, and to my surprise, Loki looked worried for a moment. I started to take control of all the elements I could around him containing him to the ground, then I walked up to him.

I looked at him, and yelled, "You murdered my family! You destroyed my home! You are a monster!" when I looked down at God's face. He was smiling. "Why are you smiling? You lost."

Loki laughed, "I may have lost this war, but I won the battle with you. I have finally completely fulfilled my promise to you. I killed your family, and I destroyed your home. I turned you into a monster. You are now nothing like your old self. You are just like me." When he told me that I was like him, anger and hatred washed over me, and the world disappeared besides Loki stuck in the ground in front of me. I went closer to him and placed my hand on his chest and started moving his spirit. I was crushing everything in his body that was connected to his spirit. I was destroying him and everything he was. I was going to kill, but something pulled me back. It was a hand on my shoulder. I looked behind me, and saw the last person I ever expected to see, my mother standing with my father and Kal. I let go of Loki's spirit and stepped towards my family.

My parents smiled, and my mother spoke, "Samantha, this is not you. You are not a monster. You are just hurt, but you have to remember to use your head, not just your heart. Your powers are fueled by your emotions, but also with your connection to the world around you. You are able to feel everything in the world with just one breath. You have no reason to be scared or hopeless. Kalen, your father, and myself are always going to be with you as long as you stay true to yourself. Never give in to the darkness. Always welcome in the light." As my mother finished, my father came up to me.

"My beautiful daughter. You are so smart, and so ready to take on the world. You always have been. I know that you will do amazing things in your lifetime, but right now you need to stop, and breathe. We will always be here. I love you more than apple pie." I smiled as he kissed my forehead, and my little brother walked to me.

Kalen looked so proud of me, and he whispered in my ear, "Sammi, remember to take off my dragon, and my heart. It's right there." he pointed to my heart and I cried. He ran back to my parents and my father picked him up and held him. They looked so peaceful, and they were right. They will always be with me, in my heart. I smiled, and their faces started to fade, just in time too. I came to and Loki had broken through my cage, but before I had the chance to trap him again, Hulk came charging in taking him. I just let him have it, and ran over to the portal. I saw Natasha and Selvig, but not Steve or Barton. I assumed they went back to fighting. Natasha was holding Loki's scepter and was pushing it towards the Tesseract. I was waiting for her to close the portal for good, but then Tony came in on comms with horrible news.

"I got a nuke coming in. It's gonna blow in less than a minute." Tony said and I could see him saying towards the nuke. "And I know just where to put it." I watched as Tony grabbed the nuke and flew towards the portal. I looked at Natasha and Selvig.

I told them, "Keep the scepter there. I will try to keep the portal open in the sky, and help Tony get the nuke in there and back safely." Before anyone could object, I used air around me to push me up towards the sky to the portal opening, and with all my efforts, I controlled the elements and used my own spirit to keep the portal open, but not letting anything through. Tony flew in the portal right past me with the nuke, saving the city from being blown up, but he was not out of the clear yet. I stayed up there keeping the portal opened for him to come back through it, but he didn't. After a few minutes, I saw Tony fall through my portal heading straight towards Earth, and I knew that my job was done. I started to fall and black out, but before I fully passed out, I saw Hulk save Tony. I was finally okay with dying, but then Thor was able to get to me and bring it down safely. I was out, but I woke up only a few minutes after being back on the ground. Tony was not awake yet. All I could think was, "Oh no. He died. It should have been me." but then Hulk roared and Tony came to.

Tony gasped, and said, "What the hell? What just happened? Please tell me nobody kissed me."

Steve smiled, and told Tony, "We won."

Tony sighed with relief and said, "All right, yay! Hurray. Good job, guys. Let's just not come in tomorrow. Let's just take a day. Have you ever tried shawarma?" We all started smiling and laughing. "There's a shawarma joint about two blocks from here. I don't know what it is, but I want to try it."

Thor looked like he was ready to be done, but he knew otherwise. He said, "We're Not finished yet."

Tony understood, and replied with, "And then shawarma after." We all headed up to Stark Tower where Loki was still exactly where Hulk had left moments before. We took him into custody where he would stand trial on Asgard for his crimes. After everything happened, I went to the bank where my families' bodies were and the box of my things were. I made the box come out of the ground and I took the things out of it. I looked back at the bank and knew my family was at peace. I knew that I was where I belonged. I was meant to be an Avenger.