The Battle in the Sky

Battle for Loki. Battle for Barton. Battle to the death. Mine or his.

I start to approach the jet in the hanger as Barton comes up from behind me. He starts to walk next to me and looks at me, and I see how sad and sunken his eyes were even if they were clouded and being controlled by Loki. Barton looked like he was going to fight until he died for Loki, but his spirit and emotions were the complete opposite. He was scared, angry, and hopeless on the inside. Ever since Loki touched me with the scepter, I have been able to feel emotions and spirits more deeply than ever before. I could start to control Barton's emotions. by giving him some of my hope. I could sense every other member of the crew's emotions as well, but it started to become overwhelming that my mind shut down. I only remember feeling all the anger and fear in the crew before blacking out. When I came to, it had been at least an hour since my black out, and everyone was gearing up to board the hovercraft.

"Well, look who is finally awake." I hear Barton say behind me. "I thought we were going to have to leave you behind and Loki would not have liked that one bit." he tells me as he hands me a water bottle. I go to open it to put into a bag for battle when he stops me. "Soul Seeker, that is for you to drink, not to battle with. You need to be at your full potential for this fight. The people aboard this hovercraft know who and what you are now. They'll be expecting you to fight. That is exactly why you aren't going to fight. You are going to save Loki." Barton left after saying that to me. I took a couple drinks of the water, then used the rest for the battle later on. I could start to feel emotions from people on the hovercraft getting more intense as we got closer and closer.

"I need to save Barton even if it means the end of me. I will not let him die or get hurt because I was not strong enough to save him or myself. I need to get my body to listen to my head as soon as I step onto the hovercraft or else I would be lost forever." I thought to myself as I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked so different than I did a few days ago. My jet black hair with caramel highlights was greasy, dirty, and a mess. My once perfectly tanned skin was now covered in scratches, bruises, and many different marks from the battle in Germany and training with Barton. My once happy and hopeful blue grey eyes that were always the same color because I was always happy had changed into a dark navy blue with a hint of silver to show my determination and anger. I barely recognize myself in my reflection. "Who is this girl? This can not be me. Is this who I am going to be from now on?'' my thoughts were interrupted by Barton's hand touching my shoulder gesturing towards the door that would lead to a battle that no eleven year old should witness. 

I heard an explosion, and knew that it was time to leave the safety of the jet. I started to grab my bracelet, and put on my jacket, but Barton started to talk to me. "Soul Seeker, your job is to distract the heroes that are on the ship. They will all fall to one or more of your elemental powers. Do not use your spirit one unless Loki says to do so. I am going to go help Loki with the rest of the plan. Stay alive." Barton said as he handed me a new leather jacket, but this one was purple and black instead of all black. I threw it on and raced out the door and on to the hovercraft where I was met with Captain America and Iron Man. I tapped my bracelet creating my shield and made a ball of fire in my palm.

"You are the girl from Germany. You need to step away before you get hurt. I do not want to hurt you." Captain America told me as Iron Man flew away towards the failing engine that was damaged from the bomb. He looked towards me straight into my eyes like he could see into my soul. I just threw the fireball at him, but it was deflected by his shield. While he was dodging the fireball, I moved the air around him taking the air from his lungs. I struggled to do that because he kept moving until he was out of my reach. I decided that it was time to put my training with Barton to the test by fighting Captain America in hand-to-hand combat which was a mistake. He threw punches, I threw punches, and we both caused major damage, but his damage to me was worse. I started to lose control of my emotions and caused it to affect Captain America. Before long, I got control, and saw Captain America running towards Iron Man. I ran towards two men.

"Wow Cap, you couldn't even get a nine year old girl that has minimal powers to stand down. What happened the last 70 years to you?" Iron Man said as he saw me run towards them.

"You really don't give up, do you?" Captain America asked me as Iron Man was flying around the failed engine to get it working again. I looked around, but there was nothing I could do at this point to stop them from fixing the engine.

I decided to answer the superhero saying, "I was raised to always see something through to the end, and never give up. No matter how much you get knocked down or beat up. Also I am eleven years old, and my powers are not minimal. I just haven't used them to their full capacity against you guys. I have to just save Loki and then I win." I started to run towards the inside of the hovercraft where the action is. I could sense much fear, hurt, and even death around me. I started to yell for Barton, but there was no response, and that could mean many different things. "What if he was dead? What if they caught him? What if I never see him again?" All of these different thoughts were running through my mind, but I knew I had to focus on the mission I was given or else I would never survive again. I started to send out "feelers'' to sense Loki's spirit, but the next thing I heard was a giant, angry roar coming from a few floors down. I started to feel the fear within the hovercraft and started to faint, but was caught by a strong arm. I looked up and saw a man with long, blonde hair, and blue eyes.

"You are safe now. Just rest." the man said.

I looked into his blue eyes, and said one last thing before feeling lightning coursing through my veins, and the world around me go black was, "Thor."