Elton Castee | Fear and Familiarity

Summary: you visit the insane asylum with your brother (corey) and boyfriend (elton). the spirits tend to like you a lot more than the others, which causes you to have a panic attack

Warning: Slight language

Word count: 719

a/n: thanks for the request!!

───── ─────

You found yourself alone in a dimly lit room, a single light bulb hanging overhead and the small light from your GoPro providing the only illumination. Your brother Corey and boyfriend Elton, along with your other friends, were waiting outside the door, anticipating some sort of supernatural encounter.

The silence seemed to stretch on for an eternity, the only sound the soft hum of the camera recording your experience. As you sat there, alone with your thoughts, you could swear you heard whispers in the darkness, but you tried to dismiss it as your mind playing tricks on you.

Paranormal investigations always made you feel paranoid, and you knew that your fear could sometimes distort your perception of reality. But the longer you sat in that quiet, eerie room, the more convinced you became that you were not alone.

You tried to rationalize the whispers as the creaking of the old building or the wind outside, but as the minutes ticked by, the voices grew louder, more insistent. You clutched your camera tighter, trying to focus on the task at hand and ignore the creeping sense of dread that threatened to overwhelm you.

With a trembling voice, you called out to the darkness, "If there is a spirit in here with me, can you make a noise or something to show that you're here?"

As soon as the words left your lips, you felt a distinct tug at your shirt, as if someone had reached out to grab your attention. Your heart raced, pounding in your chest like a drum as fear coursed through your veins. You knew you might be overreacting, but the sensation was so real, so tangible, that it was impossible to dismiss.

"Damn it," you muttered under your breath. "I hate doing this." You took a deep, shuddering breath and tried to focus, knowing that you had to continue your investigation despite your fear.

"Are you a woman?" you asked, your voice barely above a whisper. "Can you tug my shirt again?" As soon as the words left your lips, you regretted them. You knew it was unwise to give the spirit permission to touch you, but it was too late now. You braced yourself, waiting for a response from the other side.

The second tug on your shirt was firmer, more insistent than the first, and you could feel your fear rising to a fever pitch. Your hands shook uncontrollably as you rose to your feet and hurried to the door, praying that you hadn't been locked in.

"Elton? Corey?" you called out, relief washing over you as you saw them sitting on a nearby couch, engrossed in their phones. When they heard your voice, they both looked up, concern etched on their faces.

"Babe? Are you okay?" Elton asked as he rushed to your side.

Your voice shook with fear as you tried to explain the events in the room to Elton and Corey. "Something tugged my shirt," you managed to say between ragged breaths, your panic only growing with each word. "I started to panic, I wanted to get out of there."

Evan, who had been recording everything, quickly cut the camera, understanding the severity of the situation.

You and the others made your way to a nearby room, one that had been set up with beds for when you needed to rest. Corey lay down beside you, his arms wrapped tightly around you as he whispered words of comfort, trying to soothe your frayed nerves.

Meanwhile, Elton paced the room, his face etched with guilt and worry. "I'm so sorry, Y/N. I know it was your choice, but I shouldn't have let you go in there alone."

You shook your head, still trying to catch your breath. "It's not your fault. I wanted to do this. I just didn't expect it to be so... real."

You closed your eyes, feeling exhaustion wash over you as Corey continued to hold you close.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay, E. I'm okay, I love you."

"I love you too."