4 : taekwondo

You sat idly at the park bench. Strangely enough, today Taehun had texted you to meet him at the park instead of the arcade. You arrived first of course, like usual, and waiting for him to come.

A patter of footsteps made you look up and there he was. You smiled and got off the bench, walking over to meet him. He was dressed in black leggings and his iconic camo green bomber jacket with a white tee.

You waved to catch his attention,"Hi Taehun, why'd you ask to meet at the park?"

"Just a little change of scenery", he replied, still not looking you in the eyes. You guessed he didn't want to be reminded of his loss by going to the arcade.

Both of you walked down the path, taking in the fresh air. You noticed a few people whispering and pointing to Taehun, and you even caught a few sentences.

"-I knew taekwondo was useless"

"Taehun Seong shouldn't even be called a professional athlete, haha"

"If an amateur could beat him, I bet I could"

You grabbed his hand changing the route to a path without anyone lingering around. "Hey Taehun let's go over there", you pointed at a cafe a little over 50 feet away.

He didn't respond. You glanced towards him and his head was ducked, covering his face in a shadow. Your hands were still interlocked and you gave his a soft squeeze.

The cafe was larger than it seemed and your ordered two caramel lattes, not knowing what Taehun preferred. He still hadn't said a word.

You had been wanting to ask him something for a while, although you never had the confidence to do so. "Could... Could you teach me taekwondo, Taehun?"

He looked up, surprised, but he quickly frowned again, "Is this just to make me feel better?"

"Wha- no!", you quickly denied. "You're just really strong... and I kinda wanted to learn a martial art for self-defense, and after watching you, I decided taekwondo was the best one"

You turned away so he wouldn't see you blush, but he did anyway.

He smirked, slowly going back to being himself again, "Alright"

--

"Is it like this?", you asked, shifting your legs for the walking stance.

Taehun sighed. "No, don't bend your knees", he corrected.

"Right", you straightened your knees again.

"Okay, low block"

It had been hours since Taehun started teaching you taekwondo free of charge in his father's dojo. You wanted to pay him for classes, but he kept denying and it took 10 minutes of arguing before you gave up, but you secretly put the money in the tip jar at the entrance.

He had given you one of his old uniforms from middle school, which fit much to your embarrassment, but was still a little loose. 

You tried to remember what a low block was and just stood there for 5 seconds before hesitantly putting your left hand down.

Taehun shook his head and moved your arm so the block faced what he called "the solar plexus". 

"You suck", he acknowledged.

You flushed red, "It's harder than it looks okay? You make it seem so easy.." 

He laughed, "Okay then, high block"

"..."

Taehun showed you the movement. You tried your best to do the same thing he did.

"Good enough", he complimented. "We've been here for hours, I think it's time to stop for today"

"Alright", you panted out. You were exhausted. Your body hadn't been put through that much exercise since middle school in p.e. 

"Tomorrow 9am?", Taehun offered, cleaning his sweat with a towel.

You nodded, "Of course"