7 : I thought we were best-friends

After that day, you kept trying to talk to Taehun, but he always kept his silent treatment no matter what you did. 

You had even tried tugging on his jacket in an effort to hold him back, but he was stronger than you and merely shook you off.

Before you knew it, 2 days had passed.

Everyday, you had tried talking to him, not giving up.

But on the third day, you finally broke.

Your eyes glistened with tears as Taehun, yet again, turned his back to you, "Did I do something wrong?"

He paused.

"...Do you hate me?", you continued, clenching your fist so hard you thought blood would draw.

"It's not your fault you got hurt, it was mine", Taehun said, the first time he had spoken to you in days. 

"I literally do not give a f*ck whose fault it is", you retorted.

He still didn't turn around, "Those b*stards targeted you because of me, and I wasn't there to stop them. You wouldn't get it, every time I get close to someone, they always manage to get hurt, or killed, because of me. And it happened again. This is for your own good, [N/n]"

"You ignoring me hurts worse then what they did", you yelled, tears streaming down your face. "I'd rather get attacked everyday than having you pretend I don't exist! I thought we were frien- no, best friends! Best friends don't do this!"

Suddenly, Taehun turned around and hugged you, burying his head into your shoulder.

You didn't even notice he was crying until you heard a soft sniffle. You were surprised, he seemed too strong emotionally and physically to shed a tear. But you guessed in the end, everyone had a breaking point.

"I'm sorry, [N/n]", Taehun apologized, voice cracking, tightening his grip. "I shouldn't have done that. I only wanted to keep you safe"

You wrapped your arms around him, hugging him back, "It's okay, you only meant to protect me... I forgive you"

"[N/n], I-", and then he burst into a fit of choking coughs.

"You're a moron", you grumbled, while putting a cold cloth on Taehun's forehead. He had gotten sick from 3 days ago when it had rained since he hadn't changed out of his cold and damp clothes.

He glared at you, "Oh shut up [N/n]"

Taehun was running a high fever of 104.6 degrees Fahrenheit, so you had brought him to his house. 

You looked around his room. It was quite simple, but spacious, with a bookshelf that was mostly empty apart from a photo frame of Taehun with someone who had the same hair color as him, a king sized bed, and a desk with a pc that was layered in a thin sheet of dust. There were a few Taekwondo related posters and a nice white rug settled in the corner of the room where he had a tv and some kind of gaming console and discs skewed across the floor.

You took off the cloth dunking it in the cold water and felt his forehead, it was still hot, "So what did you want to tell me earlier?

He averted his eyes, "Nothing, it doesn't matter anymore"

"Well, I'm gonna run to the store and get medicine", you said, sitting up.

Taehun grabbed your arm, stopping you, "Wait, I'm coming with you"

"I- no! You're sick, I'll be fine", you protested attempting to shake off his grip.

"You might get attacked again!", he objected.

You sighed, on the verge of smiling, "It's only 5 minutes away. I'll call you when I get there okay you baby?"

He put lips in a little pout, "I'm not a baby, and I'm pretty sure I'm older than you by a few months"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say"

--

You opened the door of the pharmacy, looking around for the medicine aisle. Eventually you found it, and looked through the labels until you found one for colds. You also grabbed a few snacks and water in case Taehun got hungry.

Luckily, the line for checkout was pretty short, and you made it out of the store in 5 minutes, and could start walking back.

You smiled at the cashier, handing him 11,000 (10 usd) won, "Thank you, have a nice day!"

"You too", she grinned back, giving you your receipt.

Getting your bag, you walked out of the store preparing for your journey back to the house. The streets were pretty empty, probably since the sky was getting dark again, preparing for another rain.

Suddenly, you saw Taehun running towards you, engulfing you in a tight hug.

You struggled, "Wh- Taehun? What the f*ck are you doing here"

He was sweating profusely but seemed relieved when he saw you were safe, "Y-you... didn't call. I-I thought something happened"

Taehun looked disheveled, like he had just been buried alive. It was cold outside and he didn't even put his jacket on. God, he didn't even wear his socks, let alone shoes.

You held your phone up, showing him that it was dead, "I had no battery"

"You're a moron", he grumbled, finally letting you go.

"I- okay, yes, I'm a moron then, let's go back home... at this point, you're never going to recover if you keep going outside in bad weather", you placed your jacket over his shoulders.