Chapter 4

Picture is Seraphim, but she where's a simple white tunic, not this

Seraphim's mouth dropped open when Luna explained that Sterling was her father. " So you're the half human daughter of Sterling. Wow." Seraphim muttered, probably too herself, but Luna heard it anyway. " Hey Seraphim?" Lunnette blurted out. " Why are you looking for the Nights Edge?" "So I can stop them, duh" Seraphim answered, grinning. " Why?" Lunnette asked. At this, Seraphim's smile faded, and her bright red eyes dimmed. " My mother was the strongest harpy in the village, so the Nights Edge insisted that she join them. She refused of course, and they... got rid of her." Seraphim said, visibly saddened by the memory. " I was only six when I lost her, but my dad and the rest of the village took good care of me." Seraphim continued. "I'm sorry" Lunnette replied quickly, " I shouldn't have brought. it up." Seraphim shook her head, giving her new friend a smile. " Naa, it's fine, really.

It was getting late, and the sun was setting, so they decided to make camp for the night. Luna was supposed to make a fire, and Seraphim was supposed to find them something to eat, preferably meat, seeing that they both are carnivores.

Lunnette sat next to the fire pit fiddling with the flint and steel Sera had given her, not knowing what to do with it. Giving up, she laid back against the soft moss that blanketed the forest floor and groaned. Her muscles ached from all the digging she had done earlier, and she had not eaten since breakfast. The sun had fallen from the sky, and the moon hung overhead, shining proudly. She took in the night air and went analyzed the day's events in her head. She had lost two important people in only one day. And they were some of the only people she had known. Of course she was glad to have met Seraphim, but she missed her mother dearly. So she laid there, heart aching, for about twenty more minutes until Seraphim returned with two dead rabbits in hand.

" Hey Luna!" Seraphim beamed. " The stars are very pretty tonight, aren't they?". " Yeah..." Luna mumble quietly, sitting up. " I noticed that you didn't start the fire yet."  Seraphim stated. " Oh yeah! Sorry about that, but I don't really know how to start a fire." Luna said apologetically. " Nah, it's fine, I'll do it." Seraphim reassured her, starting the flame. They built a makeshift spit to cook their meal on and warmed them selves by the fire. There faces glowing in the orange light of the fire, they made idle talk, laughing and getting to know each other better. After they ate, they grew tired and decided to sleep. The fire now only smoldering coals, they drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hi Kiba here! Sorry I haven't updated, but my mom took my phone.😭
It's short, yes, but most of the chapters will be, sorry.
Well to those who have read this far, thank you very much. I appreciate the reads. :)
Talk to you soon ( I hope)

Kiba