44. Where Do Broken Hearts Go

We wait until One Direction starts moving towards the stage to enter the security zone around it.

The boys are walking up the catwalk and Zayn stops short when he sees me after Paddy and Sam. I quickly take my finger to my mouth telling him to shush and he bites his knuckles, hiding a chuckle.

 I quickly take my finger to my mouth telling him to shush and he bites his knuckles, hiding a chuckle

I smile at him and continue walking after them.

Luckily, none of the fans spots me since we're walking pretty fast and Sam and Paddy act as an invisibility shield. Once we're where the platform is, the boys start singing Ready to Run.

The girls behind me start chatting and looking at me.

"Sam, can I go where those girls are?" I ask the manager.

He lifts his sight and looks at them.

"What for?"

"I know the boys are coming this way now and I don't want Niall seeing me yet"

"All right"

Sam helps me jump the fence and the girls look at me, their jaws dropping as they start recognizing who I am.

"Please don't say anything" I say to them as I stand between them.

"Oh, my God, does Niall know you're here?"

I smile as an answer and they squeal.

"Shhh" I beg as the boys start walking down the catwalk.

"The next song reminds him of you" Paddy says leaning on the fence; "he was telling Liam about it this morning"

I let out a smile as Niall sits on one of the sides of the catwalk, leaning the guitar on his leg and looking at the stadium.

He starts playing and Harry starts singing the first bits of the song. I remember the night we sang it at the hotel. His face turns serious and he stares nowhere as his bandmate carries on singing. I wonder what is going on in his head right now; what is he thinking about. Is it me?