road work ahead? uh yeah i sure hOpe it dOes pt 2

——  •  ꧁꧂  •  ——

𝗦𝗵𝗶𝗽 (𝗶𝗳 𝗮𝗻𝘆): birdflash

𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁: 1560

𝗦𝘂𝗺𝗺𝗮𝗿𝘆: pt 1

𝗧𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗴𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴: ^^

𝗥𝗲𝗾𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆: Jack9849

—— • ꧁꧂ • ——

"Jesus Christ, Dick," Wally hissed, cradling the sixteen-year-old close to his chest. "What the fuck were you thinking? You could've died!"

Dick blinked several more times, trying to make sure that this was real and he wasn't dead and in Heaven. Because, Lord knows, Dick's Heaven would be Wally West holding him just like he used to.

"Dick," Wally repeated, quickly speeding away from the forming crowd on the bridge to somewhere more quiet and deserted. The redhead set Dick down against some random tree and knelt down in front of him, "Dick, please talk to me. What the fuck were you doing there?"

Dick whimpered, bowing his head a bit. He hated Wally seeing him like this-- vulnerable, pathetic, childish. It make him feel inferior. Like he would always just be Wally's little thirteen-year-old best friend.

"I already called your family," Wally informed his ex with a furrowed brow. "They're on their way. So... you can either tell me or you can tell them but you're telling someone. This is serious, Dickie. What if I hadn't seen you outside my house? What if I hadn't followed you? You'd be dead right now, dude!"

"That's the point," Dick mumbled, hot tears streaming down his cheeks as he buried his head in his arms. He felt Wally place a hand on his trembling shoulder, making him feel even worse because, most likely, this was the closest Wally would ever get to holding him again.

"So you were trying to kill yourself?" Wally asked quietly. "Why, Dick? Why would you try to do that to yourself?"

Dick's head flew up, eyes wide with sadness and anger as he met his ex-boyfriend's concerned gaze. "Because I can't do this without you, Wally! You were- you were everything to me! And then you just- you left me without a second thought!"

"You did this... because of me?" Wally asked slowly, voice cracking a bit as sadness took over his expression. "Dickie, I- I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you..."

Dick scoffed, glancing up at the sky to keep Wally from seeing him cry. "Yeah, well, you did."

Wally reached out to the raven-haired boy, "Dick, I-"

"Dickie!" a loud voice and stomping footsteps interrupted the ginger. He turned back to see the batfam in full panic mode, running straight towards them. The previous shout had belonged to Tim, who was leading the pack followed by Bruce, Cass, Steph, Barbara, Jason, Damian, Duke, and even Alfred. It seems their youngest member being in danger brings them all out of the woodwork.

Within seconds, they were swarming the baby of the family, fussing over him like he was a toddler. Bruce had pulled the teen into his arms, scolding him to never do anything like that again; Damian was standing back a bit but you could see the concern for his youngest sibling in his eyes; Jason was in full mother-hen mode, searching every inch of Dick's body for an injury; Tim was asking a shitload of questions that would never be answered; Babs was fighting to get Dick from Bruce's arms so she could hold him herself; Duke was simply asking if Dick was okay; Steph was right there with Jason, making sure there were no injuries; and Cass stood back with Damian, watching her little brother with a very concerned and sad expression.