Chapter 2: "We don't go to broadway..."

Wendy and Windi started pushed the Jalopy, one of the tires gotten stuck unto a gap from the back. Windi sighed immediately, starting to knelt to near the tire, digging dirt in front of it to make gaps as he motived Wendy by his right hand to help out and they both dug, removing dirt and rocks out of the pathway and eventually Wendy gets in the car, twisting the key in the ignition. 

The Jalopy starts to accelerate, with Windi lifting back with his strength, straining as his face grown red. "DO IT," He cackled while struggling as he almost physically lost momentum. Wendy then complied and he accelerated the car, removing it from the gap. "Okay... Alright," he exhaled, stretching his arms as he cracked his back. He then walked ahead, beckoning Wendy as he faced and pointed the direction where to move, and Wendy again complied, driving slowly as Windi raised his hand to a stop.

"Alright, get closer but avoid the debris slowly, I'll notify you when you get there," he directed. Wendy nodded and faced the road and opened the side door to see where he's moving. The Jalopy treaded over broken planks and white boards, with words having been smeared and blurry. The Jalopy then crossed over, finally on flat-road. Windi then picked up one of the sticks, wrapping red ribbon, stabbing it to the ground. "That'll remind us where to go when we're on the drive." He smiled.

Windi then took next to the plank he'd picked up, seemingly that they vaguely look like signs, mainly stating a protest or some parade. Windi picked up one of them, looking directly at the sign written in a marker. "Autojektors are tortured weaponry." Windi's eyes narrowed, giving a little sneer. "Autojektors huh? Hey Wendy, didn't we pick up a newspaper about them back at Oregon Eh?" Wendy picked up a briefcase, turning the car-lights above the ceiling, checking specific dates of what was listed, letter markings from A to Z of each topic. 

Wendy's eyes checked each letter. "Alright here, just don't use it ridiculously like the last newspaper, would've been a good story to read," he muttered, waving the newspaper at the passenger seat as Windi walked towards and snatched paper, reading it. The headline had read about the United Nations breaking ties with NATO's AVP regiment, followed by outbreaks of riots, presumably blaming on Autojektors. A photo of the white-house being destroyed followed by a another on the bottom left with rioters on vehicles, going on a maniac run.

"Huh, so the white-house was destroyed... by a SDI weapon in space blah blah blah... riots began targeting the most of the Autojektor population in the US to consider them as traitors as an act of terrorism and they mysteriously disappeared rapidly in numbers, presumably melted down by the rioters. The CSA then constructed massive high-security cities around them..." He sighed, passes the paper back, shoving the sheet unto Wendy's face. "H-hey!" Wendy exclaimed, quickly grabbing the newspaper gently, placing it inside the suitcase, closing it's contents, and locking the case, then tosses it to the back seat. 

"So, where are we heading. The city itself of Lost Angels?" He asked, Windi leaned against the car with his left elbow, and held his chin with his right, pondering. "Well, we've got here and we don't know if there's any back-water stations or barter-towns in America." Wendy crossed his little arms. "You seriously don't know where we're going do you?" 

Windi face-palmed. "Will you shut up?" He groaned, he then walked to the left side of the jalopy, opening the driver's door, with Wendy moving the other passenger seat as Windi placed both of his hands into a fist just as he gripped the wheel. "Let's go," He gritted, smiling widely  while awakening the general lee as it roars with fury and with it's headlights blaring off into the further distance as Windi floors the acceleration of the pedal, having the car speeding up incredibly fast as it leaves off with a dusty trail. 

They passed by multiple streets, Wendy looks around with binoculars, observing the damage of the city followed by dilapidated buildings grow with many various writing and graffiti on their walls, showing it's pollution of a mess of imagery rather than a clean basic wall. 

"You know like back in Seattle, I'd hoped there would be families with very warm hearts and now there's sons of bitches who now beckon and fight like dogs for a can of beans." He spouted, Windi then sighed. 

"It's also how clean we all are nowadays, the sensitive you are, the vulnerable you'll be..." He replied." Wendy then faced Windi, eyes narrowing. "you serious?" Wendy uttered. Windi's eyes faced Wendy. "Of course! Haven't you been paying proper attention to others around you? even  I may not have but depends." Wendy shook his head facing off Windi, replacing his view to the passenger window, looking at the streets noticing there's fire and they're recent.

"H-Hey, Windi, there's fire down there." Wendy stated Windi then decelerated, looking out the window, observing ahead to where Wendy's looking. He equipped his goggles, and zoomed forward, observing their sight better. "what the hell is going on over there?" Wendy's eyes widened, growing pale. "I-I think we should head the other street, no way I am gonna become a pelt Windi!" Windi then notices signs emplaced and both of them widened, they weren't written literally, but they distinguished of what "sign" they're talking about. Heads were on pikes, multiple of them near by on the street, indicating a territorial result.

Most of them seem to be middle-aged people, their decayed faces reeked horribly as loud flies like locusts soar around them like planes, some were mostly skulls, already been chewed off by creatures rather than the bothersome flies. The red sky has started to degrade itself, it's afternoon dusk shifts to purple, quickly becoming blue and eventually turning the color into a pitch black of darkness. Noises of hissing and sounds of croaking lingered near the wendigo brothers, it's noise of sheer patience as it's preying to grasp them, immediately Windi turned on the headlights, noticing dark figures of them fading away. "Good thing the headlights were working, we'd be grue dinner ten seconds flat...," he uttered, sighing in relief.

Windi then presses the pedal, passing through the street breaking through the warning gap. They then notice various groups of people, looking ghoulish and malnourished, they had homemade crossbows and metal rods and pipes or even crowbars, they ran up to them, hitting the jalopy heavily with their strength, luckily they seem mostly protected by it, other ones then leaped onto the front of the hood, surprising both of the brothers. "G-Get him off Wendy!" Windi panicked, strafing the car from side to side, managing to get the intruder losing balance on the left side of the car, gripping the drivers door as he grabbed Windi's neck, choking him as Windi used his right in a attempt to remove the hand but couldn't. 

"Let go jerk-off!" He yelled, losing control of the jalopy as it swayed from side to side, Windi then drives closer to the side walk, eventually got the door open, with the intruder getting knocked off by a streetlight, severing his forearm by impact. Windi removed the disembodied arm and tossed it out the window fully noticing the barrier up ahead full of stacks of cars and metal onto it as the other savages ready out their weapons and Wendy notices hundreds of others rushing up towards the jalopy.

 "Hang on!" Windi yelled, he went full speed, knocking a few of the savages and immediately rammed into the car wall, knocking two vehicles down as the Jalopy passed through and sped off into the darkness.

The savages were about to pass by the wreckage but immediately halted as it was already their limit to go further in distance. Windi and Wendy both smiled, they sighed in relief, excited by the little moment. "Did you see that!" Windi yelled, with the both looked at each other with toothy smiles "We just passed through and we've kicked their butt you saw me shove that guy with a door to the streetlight right?" He cheered, smacking the ceiling with the adrenaline he has. "You hear that you grues, we've passed your rooaaad!" Windi yelled, as the savages kept hearing their laughter until both sound and visual focus on them vanished by the drifting dustbowl fog by their car.