All x Deaf reader Part 2

Requested by @Pan_Loveruwu

Title: Silence Part 2

I was being led somewhere by Donnie while Mikey followed behind to make sure that I wasn't going to try and peek out from the bag that was covering my head. Raph and Leo had left earlier to "prepare" or whatever, so I was left in the hands of these two. We walked for a while, and occasionally I was put onto someone's back- well, shell- as they climbed or went down, trying to keep me subtly unaware of where we were going. I didn't really care; I had no reason to care. Mikey had already told me that he would take me home after the checkup or whatever, so I wasn't scared. Plus, I was totally confident that they wouldn't hurt me in any way.

Finally, probably a good half hour later, I was allowed to take the bag off. I glanced around, already knowing where we were, though I didn't say anything. Donnie had worked so hard to take as many detours as he could so I wouldn't be familiar with the area we were in, so I chose not to say anything to them about us obviously being in the sewers.

It was beautiful. It was a huge area with homey items everywhere, including a tree, a t.v., and a punching dummy in the corner. I wondered how they had gotten all this stuff, but of course, I didn't ask. I couldn't ask. I got the feeling that this was their safe haven, so I wasn't about to ruin it for them in any way by asking if they had stolen this stuff.

Mikey walked me around, telling me different things about their "lair" as best he could. He obviously had some trouble remembering certain signs, but he was trying super hard to make me comfortable around him, so I just translated as best I could. Then, I realized something. It was silent. Not just to me, but looking around, I could tell it was quiet to anyone with hearing too. The other three boys were gone, Donnie having disappeared shortly after we left the lair.

Mikey, where are your brothers, I asked, signing slowly so he would be able to understand what I was saying. After translating, he gave me a wave that meant to follow him, so I did. What I saw almost made me cry. The other three boys were sitting in a dojo-looking room on their knees, eyes closed and relaxed postures as a human-sized rat walked around them, sometimes helping them sit up straighter or relaxing their breathing.

There was no sound.

Even deaf, I could tell that the breathing, the footsteps, and even the whispers from rat to turtle made no sound. It made me shiver in delight. It made me feel good knowing that they also couldn't hear. Not because they were deaf, but because they didn't want to be heard. Mikey had told me on the way down to the lair that they were ninja, training to be like their father; Hamato Yoshi, who had been tragically turned into a rat.

After saying that, Mikey had run off to check on his cat real quick, but Donnie had pulled me aside and figured out that I could read lips, so he mouthed something that, honestly, I didn't believe at first.

Mikey is meant to be the best out of everyone, He said as he walked away from me, sucking his lips into his mouth. I couldn't believe it. Mikey was supposed to be the best ninja out of all of them? It sure didn't seem like it. If I had to choose, it would've been Leo that I would figure to be the best. Leo was smart, protective, knew how to handle a situation, and was the leader of the team. Mikey was a loudmouthed child with an attention-span of a two year old. That, and I'd known him for about twenty minutes and I'd already seen him get yelled at by the older two brothers; three times. There was no way he was the best.

Then again, he was very diligent. He'd been listening to music when he'd gotten to the lair and avoided his cat- made of ice cream??- leaping at him with teeth bared. He didn't even have his eyes open! He was dancing with them closed, so maybe Donnie was only lying a little bit. Still, it was very hard to believe that he was the best.

Welcome, The rat, Yoshi, "said" to me with a pointed look at Mikey as he shrunk slightly under his gaze. I had a feeling that this was Yoshi's first time hearing about me. I bowed with Mikey as the rat gestured us over to where the others were sitting. Sitting on my knees beside Raph, I watched him for a second as he breathed, fists clenching and unclenching. This was the calmest I'd ever seen him. Then, his green eyes opened and flashed over to me as mine widened and I looked away.

Then, peering behind me, he gestured with his eyes for me to turn around to my other side, so I did. I saw Leo and Mikey now standing up as they did slow movements with their father. They did slow-motion punches, kicks, and more as I watched, entranced with their movements. There was absolutely no vibration on the ground, so I knew they were still making no noise as they continued moving around.

We sat there for about an hour- Raph, Donnie, and I meditating while the other three did the slow-motion thing- and then their father bowed to us and then just left. I knew that was normal for them, so I followed them out of the dojo as they laughed and shoved each other, making their way back to the living room. I felt so left out. I wanted to know what they were laughing at. I wanted to hear their voices.

What did they sound like? Did Leo's voice sound heroic, like I imagined it to be? Did Raph's sound deep and gravely? Did Donnie's sound normal but with a pitch of highness that I knew he would have? Did Mikey's sound as unique as I hoped? I just wanted to know.

Then, I was stopped. I looked up to see Leo looking down at me with a sad look as Mikey whispered madly to the other two, who were glancing over at me occasionally. What were they doing? Just as I was going to ask, Leo had gripped my arm lightly and was pulling me over to the kitchen, none of the boys talking anymore. I could see them motioning to Mikey, who was frantically moving his hands around.

Yes.

No.

Thank you.

Please.

Friends?

Was he trying to teach his brothers basic sign language? I smiled on the inside as I looked up at Leo, who was watching Mikey intently, his fingers twitching slightly. I knew he wanted to try the signs, but didn't want to let go of me, so I gently pushed him off and gestured for him to try as he gave me a little smile.

Thank you, He motioned clumsily and I grinned, signing back. As we made our way into the kitchen, we all sat at the bar they had as Mikey made his way to the head of the table, mouthing to everyone.

Hungry, He said and everyone made a fist, bobbing it up and down. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. He was teaching them sign language for me. I had never felt so included in anything or with anyone before. I felt like they actually cared about me. Noticing my tears, they all looked at each other and then nodded.

They all curved their index fingers into "c" shapes and then did the same with their other hand, hooking their fingers together. My tears began to fall as I realized what they were saying. Nodding frantically, I quickly wiped my nose and did the same to my fingers, holding my hands out to them. We all bumped our fingers together as a silent pact was made, though it's not like any sound was needed anyways. It was decided.

Friends.

so the thing will commence now and i will continue to post chapters, though they might be in weird places since i'm going to be moving them around to be closer to their other parts.

50 parts left!