Chapter 12: Sorry

You see red and black, but it turned pink when you heard him...

"I-I'm sorry... I love you."

Your heart softened even more, not because of pity for him, but because of what he just told you.

"What? You what?" you repeated, tilting your head in perplexity and disbelief.

"I'm sorry for making you worry." You don't know if he's deliberately washing off the exact statement you're asking him to make clear. Despite it, you found his present condition more worrisome than your frivolous query's intent.

Your brows creased and you blinked several times to get yourself to reality, still taken aback of what's happening. "Just tell me what happened."

He tried to avoid your gaze as he brushed his hair up again. He looked down after, not planning to answer you. Your irateness has risen but you held it back, knowing it won't do any good. "Is it that hard to explain? I've been having a bad day since early morning. I went here for comfort but look!" You blurted out still with a tinge of placidness. Self-control can be a good talent at times.

"I'm not sure if you really need to know..." he said in a doubtful tone.

"I need to. I want to. Tell me now." you pleaded. Whatever it is, you'll try to absorb and comprehend.

"A group..." He stuttered, "a group of men did this..."

"But w-why? I mean-" he cut your statement off, ending linkages.
"That's all I know." He said, seemingly forlorn and upset of being defeated instead of being hurt.

You huffed, getting indirectly that he can't provide answers to further questions. You stood up and went out of the room, while Suho just stared as the door closed after you.
He crestfallenly laid back on the bed, gripping his hair and wrinkling his brows in wretchedness.

"Are you okay?"
You came back, holding a medical kit.
His reflex reaction was sitting back up as if more than surprised.

"Are you?" You repeated, approaching him. "Ah-yeah I am." He jabbered.

"Do auntie and uncle already know about this?" You sat down next to him, scrutinizing his face wounds.
"N-not yet. Good thing they're in a business trip." He muttered while looking at you too.
You met his eyes when you slightly raised your head. "Good thing? Ya Junmyeon I hope this is a good thing." You chuckled sarcastically.

After so, you took out a cotton and dropped betadine on it.
"For now, I'll be your care taker, okay?" You smiled at him, and started damping his injuries.

Every wound makes you want to halt treating them because you've always been afraid of the sight of blood and open cuts. But right now, your inner strength invigorates you. It's for your long time friend after all, the one who has protected you and helped you get back up each time you stumble and fall.
It's him after all. You slowed down when your eyes landed on his injured lips. Swallowing the lump formed in your throat, you eschewed the unfamiliar feeling that went into you.

"Thank you, (y/n)..." You diverted your regard to his eyes. They express so much gratitude and longing.
Suho...

"It's nothing. You're my bestfriend after all." You flashed him a genuine heartfelt beam.
---------------------------------------------

You walked alone back to your house. Swaying your arms as you do, you look down to your feet while you take each step. With earphones plugged in your ears, you pondered on basically everything that has happened.
Nothing feels right.

Startlingly, a warm, soft hand suddenly linked with yours. You looked behind only to see a guy wearing a mask and cap. Without removing his other hand enlaced with yours, he removed his mask, revealing his identity.

Your eyes consequently sparkled as tears started to pool in them. You smirked, shaking your head in disbelief and disapproval of his sudden presence. Though invisible in the dark night, your face turned pale.

To your surprise, he pulled you in a hug. "Please...please let me explain." He whispered, stroking your hair.
"I did-"
You pushed him, creating a small distance between you.

"Did you really need to hurt Suho too? Huh? What do you really want?!" You cried. Despair was drawn on his face as he tried to hold you again.

"Stay away or I'll call the police!" You added, slapping his hands away.
"Stay away..." You stammered as your legs failed to support you. He was about to help you stand when you looked up at him with so much pain in your eyes... "Go away...please."

With that, he walked away hesitatingly, leaving you behind.