Chapter 5: Pluperfect

Feeling in love as you wake up is the best feeling you've had so far. You just appreciate everything around because your heart is filled with gladness and excitement-- Excitement of seeing him again, of talking with him again.

You stretched out your arms sideways and let out a satisfying yawn. Love is the best wake-up call. :)

You immediately got up and prepared yourself for school. What's more endearing is that it's Friday. Hello there, weekend.
After showering, you checked your phone on the bed.
2 messages received. One from Baek, another from Suho.

You opened the first one:
"Good morning, (y/n)! Text me when you're ready to go."
Suho has always been your companion going to and from school.

Next is from Baekhyun. And you cringe as you open it.
"(Y/n), ready for school? Mind if I fetch you?"
Waaaaahhh. Inner happiness just won't allow to be locked in a box. You jumped up and down lightly. Crazy? Yeah.

"But Myeonnie..." You frowned and decided to reply him a not so pleasing message.

"Myeonnie, you go ahead today okay? Besides I'm not yet finished preparing. See you in school! :) "

And to Baek, "Sure."

<3
----
At exactly 6:00 am, you went out your house and there he is, Baekhyun, tapping his foot on the ground as he waits for you to come out. He ducks down his head while murmuring something not audible from where you are.
He was just wearing the normal boys' uniform with his blue backpack, but his appearance has this outstanding pheromone; you just can't resist his bewitching presence.

You tiptoed behind him and heard him saying, "I don't know what to do...".

"Baekhyun?"
He jerked in shock to face you.
"Oh (y/n)!"

"Sorry to surprise you." You apologized. What was he doing anyway? "Are you alright?" You asked abruptly.

"Yeah. It's nothing." He replied smiling while rubbing his nape.
"Let's go?" He said, offering his hand.

Me? Holding his hand again? How better can this day get?
"Oh no no, I'm okay." You gently shoved his hand, but he gripped yours and looked into your eyes again.

His brown orbs were crystal pieces that reflect nothing but beauty and gaiety.
You'll never get used to this nerve-wrecking, heart-thumping, mind-shaking feeling you're having when he stares at you like that.

"Kaja." He walked by your side and held your hand firmly. You felt awkward because your parents might see you holding hands with some guy they don't even know. Your family actually is a notable one because of your remarkable achievements and contribution to the community. Being a role model to other neighbors, your parents have always helped anyone in need if they can. And you don't want to take the risk of staining that image by public display of affection, which is not usual to see.

Mustering all the courage you have, you escaped from his hold. He looked at you mystified.
"Uhh...I'm shy." You quivered.
He laughed at your statement.
"W-what?" You were befuddled.
"You're cute." He pinched the tip of your nose lightly.
Now you feel scarlet creeping again to your face.

You both resumed walking, speechless, and with Baekhyun stealing glances at you.

Not very far, at the back, was Suho heading to school too.
He experienced a piercing pang in the heart, knowing you rejected him for the second time.....

for Baekhyun.

----
Your face looks brighter than the sun. Emitting a natural peculiar radiance, you were noticed by your classmates, who before had no care about anything concerning you.
Making your way to the classroom, you see people turning heads to look at you.