Chapter 13: Unmasking

"Good morning!" You entered Suho's room, bringing a tray of food.
"Breakfast in bed prepared by yours truly." You cooed proudly.
Setting the tray on the bed table, you noticed Suho, still flat on the bed, motionless.
"Ya Myeonnie, eat this up while it's hot." You nudged him, sitting down beside him. You received no response, causing you to pout in disappointment.

"Wake up now!" You carefully pulled the blanket off him only to find out that you're talking to a pillow.

"Wow, breakfast?"
You looked at the side and saw your bestfriend standing with only a towel covering his lower torso. He was toweling his wet dark brown hair.

Daebak.

"Oh...." You stared at him, stunned. "Yes...It's still hot." It somehow sounded weird.

"That's really special. Thanks." He smirked handsomely while walking towards the bed.

"Hep hep! But before eating, don't forget about decency and dress up first." You said, stopping him with your hands raised like shields.

"Why? This is my room anyway. You're the alien." He teased, sitting down across you.

"Just so you know, this is for your own sake 'cause you look like a dalmatian pup." You referred to his bruises and you rolled your eyes at him.

"Really?" He murmured, still grinning.
"Crazy yes." You crossed your arms as your brow motioned upwards.

"Well, will it still be hot?" He suddenly threw a question.
Feeling emotionally attacked, you threw him a judgmental "WHAT?"

"The food. Will it still be hot if I fix myself first?" He cachinnated. "What's with your reaction?" He held his well-toned- ehem- his tummy.

"Whatever just go there and wear your clothes!" You yelled through gritted teeth, while he just kept on laughing.

He wore his casual shirt and shorts and went back to the meal you especially prepared.
"Hmmm...it's still hot." He beamed as he got a spoonful of the soup.
"Can we stop the hot thing? It's warm." You complained.
"Have problems with it?" He smiled.
"Be thankful I exerted effort for that." You grumbled.
"Ahhh~" there he was, acting like a child again, offering you soup with the spoon.
"I'm not the sick person here." You shook your head.

Your phone rang, enough excuse for you to ignore his silly persuasions.
Casually, without looking from whom it was, you answered the call.

"(Y/n), I know I did something wrong, but please let's talk." With his sweet hopeful tone, you knew it was Jungkook.

Being honest to yourself, you knew what he did was negligible. Looking back on all the things you've been through together, you know his honest statement was nothing although it was emotionally pain-triggering.

Your mouth slowly parted to reply to him, "Okay."

---------------------------------------------

It was 7 in the evening when you went out to see him at a certain tea place.
You don't know why you were having cold feet. It's just him. What's wrong?

Walking to the tea place already at your sight, you saw him sitting by the glass window...talking?

You entered the place walking on eggshells. As you went nearer to his place, your lips pressed firmer in curiosity.

"I'm sorry (y/n)... No no." He was nervous. You decided to stop right behind him to hear him clearly. The very word sorry has pretty much been your life's summary. And because of the fear again of disappointment, you felt a tightening and hurting block in your chest.

"I'm sorry... but it was me. I hurt him."
Your portentous stillness was broken as you heard him.

"Was that all you wanted to say?"
He turned and saw you there, portraying a strong tearless girl. You smirked and shook your head, tired of always crying.
"You're so enigmatic. I don't know if you're really the person I met."

---------------------------------------------

"How can I get (y/n)'s heart?" Jungkook asked, settling beside Suho by the pool.
Suho finally accepted his invitation to hang out with him.

"That's why we met? For me to answer your love problems?" He answered before drinking from his cup. Both were soaked with water, wearing boxers plus white wifebeaters.

"Not really...but how?" Kookie was persistent, focusing on Suho's actions.

The latter looked back at him, "You can't." He said as he puts down his cup.

"Why?" The younger one queried snarkily.
Suho sighed deeply before he continued, "...because it's still with Baekhyun."

"How do you know?" Jungkook was obviously peeved.

"I just know. I know her. Even though she denies it, I know she's still not over him." Suho was looking at a distance, oblivious of how much the very fact he states affects Kook.

"Very foolish of you to think that way." He snappishly replied.
"Your choice. But I doubt you'll get what you want." Suho reacted.

"How sure are you huh?" Kook countered, nettled.

"Before anyone else, I've always been with her." He smiled lopsidedly.
He didn't know why and what he did wrong but Kook's fist landed on the corner of his mouth.
"Why?!" Suho got up, causing a light splashing of water in the pool. He massaged his jaw as he winces in pain.
"Are you out of your mind?!"

"So you're my rival too, aren't you?" Jungkook said with fiery as he his fists balled.
Suho smirked, irking him. "You're the one who suddenly got into the picture."

"I thought you'd be of so much help." He shook his head mockingly as he nears Suho.

"Jungkook, I'm not saying that she's not gonna like-" but he received another forceful beating before he could even explain. No matter how much he wants to beat him back, he restrained himself from doing so.

After a few more punches, Kook kicked Suho's leg, causing him to fall on the ground.
"I befriended the wrong guy." He hissed.

---------------------------------------------

What just happened...

-Chi