007: The path to paradise begins in Hell

My mind was calmly drifting in the darkness, a rare feat if I do say so myself since a certain someone keeps on visiting me in my dreams. So having some peace is both a blessing and a rare privilege for me.

Or so I thought.

That was until I heard it.

"Little pup...little pup..."

I can vaguely hear someone singing slowly, like a leaf being drawn by the breeze. This made me frown for a bit, thinking that maybe it was the singing pyscho lady again.

"...don't be sad...Mama's here..."

I can hear it again, the voice slowly getting closer towards me, and yet I don't feel any ill intent by it. It made me even feel at ease which I find very weird. The voice was light and very soft, like a mother singing a lullaby to their child, very different from the singing lady that I know.

No.

This one was peaceful and...full of love.

"Little pup...little pup...don't be mad..."

The voice is even closer this time that I can distinctly hear their accent. It sounded...mythical and unearthly, magical even. If that's even a real thing. Like a siren singing or a fairy humming slowly...

...yeah, that seems to be the right description which makes it even weirder and a bit worrisome., since this is the first time that something like this occurred in my dream.

And I can't even decipher their gender. The voice was soft yet rich at the same. Innocent akin of a child yet mature like an old woman...or man? It's all very confusing.

But...who was singing though?

I can feel myself slowly drifting towards the voice, like a moth flying towards a flame. The voice getting closer and clearer but still sounding soft at the same time. I can even almost reach it. Then I heard them giggle as if they knew something I don't. I felt something from the pit of my stomach warming, slowly spreading on my whole body but it wasn't a bad thing...it's comforting even. It's been a while since I can feel my mind and soul being at ease even just for a moment. No worries for the present, no nightmares knocking on my mind and no dark voices...just pure peace.

I was about to call them out but they beat me first.

"Daniel..." they called out my name. Oddly enough, this made my heart skip a beat like I knew this person even though I don't.

"Daniel," they called again, this time they were right beside me but I didn't see a thing. All I can see is the ever unending abyss. I can feel them move slowly, like a child curiously poking around.

'Who is it?' I thought as I strain my ears to listen.

"Daniel."

I felt something lightly touch my cheek, like a feather brushing my skin. It was soft and warm.

So so warm.

Wha--

"It's time," it said then I felt them leave, their presence completely gone. Then all I felt is the biting coldness of the air as the shadows swallowed my whole being once again, the screaming and voices flooding my mind.

'Wha...what do you mean? Hey! Come back!' I inwardly scream as I felt myself shaking and a stinging pain sprouted on my ribs.

"WAKE UP!"

I jolted up out of my seat as I stared at my surroundings in alarm. My fist already in the position to swing at the attacker, that's when I finally heard the snickering from my side. I owlishly blink my eyes, my mind is still in the clouds.