004: The cat and the dog

"Talking"

'Thoughts' or anything that is written in cursive form.

* * * * * *
Both of us flinched at the new voice as we look behind us and saw a blonde dude smiling at us. We blinked our eyes in surprise.

"Luke?"

"Hi, Danny! Did you miss me?" Luke smiled at me.

"How the hell did you get in here?!" My dad suddenly shrieked as he points his finger at him.

"By using the front door, of course," He smirked at my dad.

Ah, crap. Not again.

'I must have forgotten to lock the doors again. Fanculo.' My dad cursed inwardly, making me cringe inside.

Well, meet my best friend, Luke Adams. A typical 19-year-old American lad with an attention span of a 5-year-old kid, who has a great addiction to anything that is colored in maroon. He quitted school for quite some time and the reason goes something like this: "It would be boring without my cute bestie," is what he said. Stupid, I know.

He's an ultimate drama queen with his constant dramatic remarks and his childish tendencies. But second best to my Dad, of course. Nothing beats that man when it comes to stupid and petty things. He's also a stubborn ass and a filthy rich hoe, being the son and the sole heir of their family's multinational company. The Royal Spade Inc., although he acts like freaking gigolo, most of the time. Anyways, I've known this guy for a very long time, since the time both of us had enough shit of nursery school. I was five at that time and he was six, I don't know who approached who first but the next thing I know, both of us were surrounded by a bunch of crying 4-5-year-olds for gods knows what. Since then, people had tended to stay steer clear away from us, especially the kids.

And he's been my best pal ever since.

Well, ever since he's not being a total dick and shit. And considering the great dislike he had for my dad, I think it's highly unlikely. Okay, dislike may not be the right word to phrase it, it's more like hate, borderline crazy. The same goes for my dad. And they've been like that since the day I've introduced the two to each other.

'And that incident will forever ingrained in my brain, damn it.'

"Danny, baby! I've missed you! Japan was so boring without you! Ah, but I did bring some cute gifts just for you!" Luke squealed as he proceeds to hug me, obviously ignoring my dad's pointed glare.

"I didn't bring you any since you have your own money anyway," He said frigidly to my dad. My dad only gave him the middle finger.

Seriously, these two...

Luke only blew him a raspberry childishly as he tightened his hold on me, accidentally touching one of my bruises making me cry out in pain.

"Holy shit! Sorry! I didn't mean to hug you that hard-what the fuck?!" Luke stared at my body in horror, finally noticing my cuts and bruises painted all over my body.

"What the hell, Danny? What the fuck happened to you? Who did this?!" He cursed as he took off his jacket and wrapped it around me securely.