Part 2

Eden waded through the crystal blue water as she dipped her black and white tipped wings in the shimmering ocean.

Her feathers hovered in the water as if they were being blown in a soft breeze.

Eden's wings dragging behind her as she waded a bit farther out, realizing that her unicorn floatie had floated away from her. It was a little farther than her Papa would have liked her to go, but it wasn't that far out....

Eden reached out with a hand to grab the unicorn floatie when suddenly; a sharp stinging pain seared her leg.

She cried out and lost her footing, falling beneath the surface.....

Eden tried to claw her way back up to the surface but her feathers weighed her down. She couldn't even flap them while she was under water. What was worse was that she was surrounded by a billowing red cloud which was coming from the stinging gash in her leg.

Eden couldn't hold her breath any longer, water and blood began to flood her lungs, and her vision was beginning to turn black....

"Eden! Sweetheart, can you hear me?" Aziraphale demanded when Eden's head was finally above the bloody water. She coughed feebly but didn't answer, her head lolling against his shoulder.

They both had heard Eden cry out in pain and when they realized that Eden was nowhere to be seen....

"Shit shit shit shit shit shit!" Crowley swore as he followed Aziraphale to the shore. Blood was streaming from Eden's left leg. She must have cut it on a jagged rock he surmised as he picked up her waterlogged wings.