Part 7

When the family made it back to the beach house, Eden was absolutely exhausted. She went straight to her cozy little bedroom and flopped onto the soft but firm mattress, stretching out her black and white tipped wings as the cool evening breeze filtered in through the open windows.

There was a knock at the door. "Come in!" Eden said and in stepped her fathers'.

"Are you going to bed sweetpea?" Crowley asked as he sat on the bed while Aziraphale began to give her wings a quick inspection to make sure that they were clean.

"Yeah, I'm beat and my tummy is so full that I think I'm going to burst!"

"Oh dear, you don't feel sick do you?" Aziraphale immediately started to worry. Eden had an appetite that far surpassed his own and....

"Papa, I'm fine!" The young woman reassured. "I haven't had an upset tummy in, like, ages! I'm just so full that I'm groggy." Eden yawned.

Aziraphale let out a sigh of relief. "Thank Somone! Have a good night my Little One, may you dream of whatever you like best." The angel said as he gave her a gentle kiss on her cheek. She kissed him on the cheek in return.

"That'll be easy Papa, unicorns, dogs, sushi, sashimi, cupcakes, cookies, milkshakes, Chinese food, Queen, books, The Dark Crystal series, The Tenth Doctor, the TARDIS, my sonic screwdriver, ducks...." Aziraphale chuckled as he left the room so he could prepare his and Crowley's evening champagne.

"You got Ducky?" Crowley asked once Aziraphale left the room, leaving the two of them alone.

Eden reached towards the upper right corner of her bed and grabbed her patchwork companion. "Got him."

"Good." He ran a hand through her wild flaming curls. "You're not going to take a shower?" Eden loved her showers. It was very rare for her to skip one.

"Too tired." Eden replied, letting out another yawn. Crowley nodded with understanding.

"In that case, I'll leave you be. Good night my Queenie." The demon said as he kissed his daughter's cheek. He smiled warmly as he tucked the red tartan blanket around her broad shoulders.

It seemed like only yesterday when she was just a tiny little newborn who took her first breath, and now she was already considered an adult in human years....

"You were in there for quite a while dear boy." Aziraphale said as he handed Crowley his glass of red wine.

"I was just making sure she was just alright, after all that happened today." Crowley murmured into his glass. Which wasn't completely untrue...

"I saw what happened at the buffet Crowley." Aziraphale said, getting straight to it. "You need to stop chasing away every young man or woman that approaches Eden. I think it's safe to assume that not every young human wants to flirt with our daughter!"

Crowley set down his glass. "You were too drunk to notice Aziraphale! I could smell his out of whack hormones all the way to where we were sitting! And don't get me started on how he was looking at our baby! His shit colored eyes were full of lust, his dirty mind calculating all of the horrible ways he wants to violate her body...I won't let that happen!"

"Crowley, listen to yourself! You are getting worked up over something that will never happen!"

"It might happen angel! We've lived among humanity long enough to know the terrible things they're capable of....what they do to their own kind...." Crowley trailed off with a shudder.

"They are also capable of great good my love." The angel replied, leaning forward, clasping his husband's hand.

Crowley looked away. His husband, as always, was right. "Clever bastard."

"Quite right. Now, I want you to at least consider becoming a bit more lenient when something like this happens again. I would really like grandchildren one day.....if that's even possible for a hybrid."

"I would like that too." Crowley murmured, giving Aziraphale's hand a squeeze, "Just not anytime soon....."

"Oh Crowley!" 

The End