✓Steve Rogers & Bucky Barnes✓

This is gonna be long...

"Hand-Me-Downs"

Trigger Warning: Cheating

Most of your life you've been competing with your twin sister. You both are fraternal twins and everyone thinks that she's the prettier twin and you are the kindest. Which is true though, you've always been the most understanding twin since you're older than her for only about 12 minutes. Yes, she's the prettier twin but she's also the brat. Your twin loves getting the most attention and the most, well, everything. Ever since you were little girls, she'd always do things to get your parent's attention and makes sure they don't pay much attention to you and of course you'd get annoyed a lot but like mentioned before, you're the more understanding.  You thought that her annoying attitude would be left behind as soon as you two hit puberty, once she became mature but you're so wrong. She actually got a lot worse and so as your parents.

When you're both in high school, you were an achiever and your parents were very impressed but your sister was too focused on being the popular one. Your sister saw how proud your parents were with you so she did everything to change that. She would steal your home works and projects so she'd get the A's, she would bully you a lot so that you'd be out of focus and it worked since your grades went down south. She got what she wanted and your parents became disappointed. 

When you were in college, she took law  like your father always wanted. But instead of following what they wanted, you took up Nick Fury's offer to train and work as an agent in S.H.I.E.L.D. Nick was a close family friend and he saw a potential in you and you've always wanted to be like him even when you were little. That decision made your parents very disappointed because for them, that job wasn't very 'ideal' but it also made your sister a lot happy seeing how your parents hated you. But you couldn't care less anymore because you knew that whatever you do to excel, she would ruin it for you so you took the path that made you happy even if your parents practically disowned you.

But their perception changed. You are one of the best agents that Nick had so he made you an Avenger and you were able to save your city from Loki and his Chitauri army. When the Avengers became famous, your parents started reaching out to you and you welcomed them. You felt genuine happiness once again, more so when you met Bucky.

You and Bucky became very close shortly after you and Steve rescued him and the three of you became the best trio. And then you and Bucky started dating and it was one of the best things that ever happened to you. You helped him with his issues and you two became each other's comfort. Steve got jealous since he's also been into you but he respected both of your decision. Everything was perfect.

Was. Until your twin sister stepped in once again. 

You introduced Bucky to your family and relatives on your annual family reunion. Your twin sister must've seen how happy you two were so she decided to fuck it up again. A few days after that reunion, you found your sister making out with Bucky and as much as you loved him, there's nothing more you hate than a cheater so you broke up with Bucky.

~~~

"I can't believe you, out of all people, would do this to me!" You yelled at Bucky's face when he followed you into your room. "You knew my relationship with my sister, Bucky! You knew how I feel about her! Why?" You cried, pacing back and forth in front of him. 

"I-I... I really don't know what came to me." He ducked his head, silent tears falling from his eyes when he realized that one of his nightmares would come true, losing you and the worst part is that he is the one to blame. "I'm sorry, Y/N. Please don't leave." He begged.