✓Thor Odinson✓

"Betrothed"

"Princess Y/N! What a mess you are! Haven't I taught you to look presentable every time you'd sit in the the dining table?" Your mother scolded.

"I was training the new recruits for our army, Mother, of course I'd get dirty. I would have bathed myself first if you hadn't hurried me in here." You muttered.

"Have some respect for your mother and quit reasoning!" She raised her voice at you.

Your mother always expects you to be sophisticated and proper like her but ever since you were a child, you've envisioned yourself in the battlefield. Everyday you'd watch as your father would practice his combat skills and would sneak in their room at night to borrow his sword.

"What is it that you want to discuss with me?" You fought the urge to roll your eyes at her, knowing full well that it'll cause you so much more trouble.

"Your father and I had chosen a man for you to marry." Mother smiled with the twinkle of excitement in her eyes.

"WHAT?" You yelled. Being betrothed is something you've been praying to never happen to you. You were slightly relieved when you reached the certain age and still not tied to some random wealthy man.

"Lower your voice, Lady Y/N." Father told you sternly.

"This is your fate, my dear. You're a woman and you are destined to bear a child and stay at home to serve your husband." Your mother spoke, straightening her posture as if it would intimidate you still.

"No! That is the fate that you desire for me to have! You fully know how excellent I am with fighting and that is where I belong, Mother! My fate is to fight for my people, bring honor to the family through fighting! I do not want to sit in the house and serve a man that I do not love!" You spoke.

"You'll only bring disgrace for fighting in the battlefield instead of marrying! You are a lady! What will other people say about you if you chose that path?" Mother yelled.

"Other people's judgements is the last thing on my mind right now, Mother." You groaned in frustration. "Father, you knew my true passion, you shall call this wedding off!"

"In two days we will go to the kingdom of Asgard for you to meet your future husband. You better start preparing." Your father spoke flatly without looking at you, a frown etched on his face.

"Not you, too! This is ridiculous. I will not marry him nor anyone unless I decided to!" You stood from your chair.

"It is either you go there with us peacefully or I will be forced to drag you there myself!" Your father glared at you and for the first time, you're scared of him. "Our kingdom is on the brink of falling. We've lost a lot of our recent battles and a lot of our warriors has died. Soon enough our enemies will find out about this and would not hesitate to march down here and slaughter everyone easily due to lack of forces, neither the both of us could stop them no matter how skilled we are. Odin has offered us protection and in return you will have to wed his oldest son and be his queen. Y/N, do you want us all to die?" He asked and you shook your head in defeat. "Well then save us all. I know this is too much to ask from you, dear but there is no other way." Your father's tone softens when he saw your tears.

"Fine. I'll see you in two days." You told them and ran towards your room, locking yourself there as you cried. You weren't aware that the kingdom is falling apart and your father was right, there is no other way to save your family and your people.